Vivofit 2 or fitbit charge hr

Options
I've narrowed my choices of getting an activity tracker down to the vivofit 2 or the fitbit charge hr. I can't decide. Which one would you recommend?

Replies

• checkmatekingtwo
    checkmatekingtwo Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like my Vivofit (sorry, it's the 1 not the 2) because it runs on a watch battery. That means I don't have to charge it every day or so -- I only have to replace the battery once a year. For me, that was the major selling point. Also, I can wear it in the shower and the pool while I swim.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I have the Vivofit 2 w/HRM and I am not impressed as it will not pair with my Galaxy S3 and apparently other Galaxy users have had the same issue. Also from what I understand, you don't know how many calories you have burned until the end of the day 12:00 am....a bit late to change anything as far as calories go. I will admit I haven't had it very long and have not learned all there is about it, but I'm not happy with it and am thinking about getting the Charge HR
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Get the vivofit if in your budget a vivosmart.. you will thank your self for not doing the fitbit charge, based on personal experience the actual device is a terrible design with flaws. Do your research on fitbit charge as the band will tear up and/or the side button falling off.

edited to add: if you do not need an HR, the fitbit Alta is a good choice.. just not the charge and charge HR.