Looking for a fun at home workout

Options
So, I used to work out all the time. After I had my kids I lost 76+ lbs. for whatever reason, I completely fell off and have been lazy and eating whatever I want. I've gained back 13lbs and if I don't do something quick, I'll be in trouble.

I work full time and am a mom of twin toddlers. To say my time is limited is an understatement. I am looking for something that will be fun/enjoyable but also 30 min or less. My biggest issue is a get bored easily. Any new workouts?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I love turbo jam and Shaun T's rockin' body, but those are mostly longer than 30 min. Look online for The Firm workouts. They have some with "bursts" that are only 20 min long. It's a combination of cardio and strength with bursts of higher intensity followed by a short recovery.
  • jenjean429
    jenjean429 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do too!!! I have Beachbody on Demand. There's a workout of the day which challenges me and keeps e from the boredom. With the toddlers, I like Cize and Country Heat. My 2.5 year old grandson likes to join in those.
    If you want more info on the On Demand function and how it works let me know. I can help you get a free 30 day trial.
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender has so many videos online for free, I can't imagine you'd get bored. Some are longer but many are 30 minutes or less. I haven't visited their website in a while but you can search by video type, length, equipment needed, etc.
  • plami92
    plami92 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/user/superherofitnesstv/videos Best dance workouts there are you can`t get bored with these ;)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    P90X3
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I should've added that I'm an ex beachbody coach. Turbo fire was my main for a long time until I got burnt out. I absolutely -LOVE- HIIT. I have done P90x3, it's another fav, but I'm not quite where I'd like to be in order to do another round.

I have done T25, Turbo Fire, P90x, P90x3, PiYo... I have 30DS and a couple other JM DVDs. I also have 3 Dance Fitness DVDs (Jessica bass). Ohh and I have one walking dvd by Jessica smith. Like I said, I get bored and burnt out easily.

I'm super rural. Like, I have no wifi, and my phone is in the window for one bar of 3G just to post this, so streaming and YouTube are out.

I really appreciate the responses. I'll look into The Firm.
  • gregsbutler13
    gregsbutler13 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So far I've done INSANITY, Cize, T25 and right now I'm on INSANITY Max: 30. They are all so effective. My wife is doing Country Heat right now and she absolutely LOVES that workout.
  • AndiJH
    AndiJH Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Kayla Itsines BBG program? There are free downloads all over...mostly bodyweight, circuit style training. Workouts are 28 mins! She's also got an app, sweat with Kayla. I'm starting week 1 and it's so challenging, fun and easy to fit in s busy schedule.
  • janettles
    janettles Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    When I think of fun, I think of Gilad workouts. He can be hilarious and is always encouraging and supportive. The videos are set on Hawaiian beaches. He concentrates on form and, during his aerobic workouts, my heart rate gets very close to the anaerobic zone, so I know I'm getting a good workout.
  • FatmaMalik
    FatmaMalik Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    open youtube and look for dances to your favourite songs and let your little toddlers watch you so they imitate you instead of waiting for them till they sleep :wink: It will be fun for you if your babies join you ^_^
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Kelly Coffey Meyer is great - I do her strength training DVDs but she has a ton of cardio too. Her series is called 30 Minutes to Fitness & each DVD has 2 - 30 Minute workouts plus lots of pre-mixes to keep it fresh

Here are a couple websites that sell workout videos .... there are reviews & video clips if you can stream a little bit

http://www.collagevideo.com/collections/kelly-coffey-meyer

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/category-s/146.htm
  • TrishaCisneros
    Options
    You guys are seriously so helpful. Thank you!!!
  • i_ge_w94
    i_ge_w94 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    have you looked on youtube/ fitness blender or maybe Flex (live-streamed fitness classes?)
  • Sandysphat
    Sandysphat Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I love T25, finishing up week 5 of alpha, and just had the worst work out of my life .
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Try going to the public library. Mine has a ton of workout DVDs. You could change it up and get a new one each week.

It stinks that you have crummy internet. I love my Beachbody on Demand. Another option is if you have access to better internet somewhere, you can download 7 BOD workouts to the app so that you don't have to stream them. I did it when I went camping and it worked great.
  • TrishaCisneros
    Options
    Thanks!! Never thought about checking the library
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing Cize and it is really really fun, no way you'd get bored.
  • HeidiFuture
    HeidiFuture Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for suggesting Fitness Blender. I had no idea!
  • AliciaBerries
    AliciaBerries Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Millionaire hoy on YouTube. Tons of free workouts organized into different length programs
  • IMbefore40
    IMbefore40 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    +1 for fitness blender or a general search on youtube (depending on what you're working on!)