All by myself with 6+stone to lose...

Options
Heyy! I'm Christiee, I am 22, the minimum I want to lose is 6 stone.
I have zero fitness, like none, at all, walking is a struggle if I walk faster than snails pace. Yet..I've invested in Focus T25!
I'd love to have some friends on this journey? I live in the UK!

Replies

• akutozo
    akutozo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Christee,

You can definitely achieve this, even if walking is difficult. Focus T25 may be a bit like trying to drive in first gear, so give yourself some time to build up on it. You'll see it time and time again: the majority of weight loss comes from diet changes, not physical ones.

If you need a friend, advice, or just simple encouragement feel free to add me.
  • Turb2o
    Turb2o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey christee I need to lose God knows how much maybe seven eight stone but I can help I walk a lot in my job and basically have gone to gyms since I was 14
  • Christiee93
    Christiee93 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    akutozo wrote: »
    Welcome to MFP Christee,

You can definitely achieve this, even if walking is difficult. Focus T25 may be a bit like trying to drive in first gear, so give yourself some time to build up on it. You'll see it time and time again: the majority of weight loss comes from diet changes, not physical ones.

If you need a friend, advice, or just simple encouragement feel free to add me.
    Turb2o wrote: »
    Hey christee I need to lose God knows how much maybe seven eight stone but I can help I walk a lot in my job and basically have gone to gyms since I was 14

I'm sending friends requests now!
  • Christiee93
    Options
    Bump.
  • Christiee93
    Options
    Bump
  • Christiee93
    Options
    Bump
  • jamsieboi
    jamsieboi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had to Google Focus T25 thought it was a car lol.

Not sure I'm ready for that level of exercise but we are on the same journey and we will get there.

Good Luck :)
  • Christiee93
    Options
    jamsieboi wrote: »
    I had to Google Focus T25 thought it was a car lol.

Not sure I'm ready for that level of exercise but we are on the same journey and we will get there.

Good Luck :)

We sure will, I don't know if I'm ready but guess I'll find out!
  • tahliahallitt
    tahliahallitt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am just over 3 months in on my weight loss journey, I have lost 19lb so far and lots of fat! I would put it on parr with giving up smoking (which I did 3 years ago). The first two months are hell. Once you stick at it you actually start enjoying it!!!! Feel free to add me for support anytime :)

• Christiee93
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am just over 3 months in on my weight loss journey, I have lost 19lb so far and lots of fat! I would put it on parr with giving up smoking (which I did 3 years ago). The first two months are hell. Once you stick at it you actually start enjoying it!!!! Feel free to add me for support anytime :)

I quit smoking this new year just gone. This is definitely harder - losing weight. Been trying to lose weight longer than I was trying to quit smoking...difference is my weights gone up, my quit stuck.

I'm adding you now x
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Keep calories at maintenance add the routine...you will lose.
  • Petrolhead75
    Petrolhead75 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can do it, just concentrate on one stone at a time, I lost 7 stone, slowly though, about 18 months or so, all I did was diet and walking. Don't have to walk loads, just do what you can manage, and you'll find that over time you can walk further. Be kind to yourself and don't put too much pressure on by setting massive goals.

We are all different but it worked for me, good luck :smile:
  • Christiee93
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »
    Keep calories at maintenance add the routine...you will lose.

I'm going to eat to 1200 then slowly increase to 2000.
    Hi, you can do it, just concentrate on one stone at a time, I lost 7 stone, slowly though, about 18 months or so, all I did was diet and walking. Don't have to walk loads, just do what you can manage, and you'll find that over time you can walk further. Be kind to yourself and don't put too much pressure on by setting massive goals.

We are all different but it worked for me, good luck :smile:

I'm aiming for 7lb goals :) I want to do T25 as I use to be sooo passionate about sports and fitness so I want it to kick start my life again
  • peterbuller8
    peterbuller8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi if you start with low calories you will get hungry then you snack then you stop losing weight and give up.
    I started by putting everything on MPF for 2 weeks so i could see what i was eating then started knocking off calories a few hundred at a time (i was 18 stone now just under 15).
    After the first 2 months i was down from 4000+ to 1880 and most days don't hit that if i'm going out i just do a bit more exercise to cover it that way i've found it a lot easier.
    It can be a long journey but take it slow and you are more likely to hit your goals 173 days ago i joined and had never been inside a gym smoked and was very unfit today i done 1 hour on a cross trainer and 30 mins swimming so if i can do it anyone can .
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Hiyah am from UK too. Watch the videos and see what you can manage. Be careful as I remember lots of jumping. You dont want to put too much pressure on joints. Maybe You can just modify to suit. Or maybe concentrate on getting fitter through walking first.

Good luck.
  • sheenasamdog681
    sheenasamdog681 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi listen to Petrolhead 75, loads of good advice. You'll get there one step at a time and we are all routing for you. Good luck Sheena UK need a chat I'm listening. :)