I actually logged EVERYTHING I ate yesterday...

Options
For the past week I haven't been counting once dinnertime came and afterwards and thinking "oh, I'm not doing that much damage, just a few calories over." WELP. 442 calories over my deficit. I officially maintained for yesterday, I think.

That was a revelation I've been avoiding for a while. Has anyone else done this? I think I'm going to keep up with the constant logging, because, much like seeing your credit card bill after a vacation, my heart hurt a little bit the higher my red number became! Feel free to check/follow my diary. I think I have it open to the public.
:/

Has anyone else dealt with this? Ugh.

Replies

• amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Good job logging! Even if you went over what you wanted, it's important to know. For me, it's a relief to know exactly what the actual number is. Not knowing makes me feel out of control & I'm more likely to make bad food choices. I'm one that has to weight & log everything, every day. I've been doing this for years now & it's just the way it has to be for me. When I stop, I regain. It is completely routine now.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have done this. Partly because I find dinner much harder to log. I know how but I had quit logging for quite a few months and gained 15 pounds back.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    If I get to a point where I keep eating but don't log, I delete everything I've logged for the day. I like to look back on my numbers and use them as data, and I know I won't remember which days were only partially logged.
  • catweiler57
    catweiler57 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. I should just go back to bed, but I tend to go into the kitchen afterwards and night eat. Last night was bad for me. I ate a cup and half of Ben and Jerry Fudge brownie icecream......took me WAY over my calories, carbs, and fat for the day. I need to get my night eating under control.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    For the past week I haven't been counting once dinnertime came and afterwards and thinking "oh, I'm not doing that much damage, just a few calories over." WELP. 442 calories over my deficit.
    That's how I gained back the 100 lbs I lost. To be fair, I stopped counting alot, and also figured I could because I somehow knew what my count was.