Gym Equipment = Clothes Hanger!!

Options
I've been asking around about what gym equipment people have and what they think of it.

I have been so amused at how many of my friends don't use their equipment and that it is just covered in clothes!

One friend paid $AUS3,000 for a treadmill that is covered in storage boxes - :laugh:

So Funny!!!!!

8793439.png

Replies

• icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I really want a total gym, an elitpical, bike, and treadmill. If I could only pick two pieces of equipment and couldn't have a total gym, I'd have a set of free weights and a treadmill. I would so use them because half the year it's freakin cold here and you don't want to be outside.
  • jtp5184
    jtp5184 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    agree! i would like a treadmill too. I keep thinking about how i am going to run in the winter. i am looking into treadmills any suggestions of a reasonable one?
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I keep talking about buying an elliptical but my fiance thinks that going to the gym building itself makes me more likely to do it, because I can't just "do it later tonight"
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    When I got my treadmill I used it for a week and then it turned into a clothes hanger! I am easily distracted at home....laundry, cooking, cleaning etc since I work full time as well. So I got a gym membership which is much much better for me.....I go everyday and am focused! :-)
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I do exactly the samee! I have a cycling machine, which i keep it under the stairs soo its easy for me to get to it for useage!

I brought it in january,used it like 10 times and now its under the stairs with coats and bags etc piled on to it! I was thinking of selling it, but then if i got rid of it id probably want it back again!! haha
  • TiraG
    TiraG Posts: 68
    Options
    I really want a total gym, an elitpical, bike, and treadmill. If I could only pick two pieces of equipment and couldn't have a total gym, I'd have a set of free weights and a treadmill. I would so use them because half the year it's freakin cold here and you don't want to be outside.

Sounds like the weather here in Ohio :smile:
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I keep talking about buying an elliptical but my fiance thinks that going to the gym building itself makes me more likely to do it, because I can't just "do it later tonight"

That's so funny, I'm completely the opposite. If I have it right there and it's accessable, I'm 10 times more likely to use it, but if I have to set aside time and go there, it's not going to happen. Of course I'm a SAHM with 3 kids so that could have something to do with it. Still, I enjoy excercising so it doesn't take motivation to get me going most days, just the weather cooperating.
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    When I got my treadmill I used it for a week and then it turned into a clothes hanger! I am easily distracted at home....laundry, cooking, cleaning etc since I work full time as well. So I got a gym membership which is much much better for me.....I go everyday and am focused! :-)

Completely agree. I have a treadmill and NEVER use it. Getting myself out of my house is a great motivator for me.
  • southtowngirl
    southtowngirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I bought something about 15 years ago (I have no idea what it's called) and used it a lot for a year or so. I've used it off and on (more off than on) over the years. Now I'm using it again.
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill that at times is a clothes hanger as well. Right now, it has a spare fan on it that belongs upstairs. I mostly use it when the weather is cooler since I don't have a/c in the house. I'd rather be outside right now where there is a chance of a breeze! It's good for winter though. :)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    yep i also have a stationary bike! no wrong i DID have one it is now very much used and abused! lol:laugh:
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Our elliptical never gets used, but we only paid $100 for it. The stationary bike and the treadmill do get used, but not when it's nice outside. Biking/walking outside burns more calories so unless it's storming or icy I'm outside. I think they're worth investing in, though, especially if you live somewhere where it's too hot/rainy to get adequate exercise outside.
  • SweetP88
    SweetP88 Posts: 79
    Options
    I usually go to the gym as once I am there I am more apt to have a great workout. I do own a treadmill and it does get used once in a while (winter if the roads are bad for driving or if there is just NO time to go to the gym but I have time for a quick 30 min run). I do not regret buying it.....I would also love free weights or am always intrigued by the BowFlex commercials! LOL :laugh:
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've already burned through one elliptical, and am on my 2nd one! Love having it at home because of the convenience. I am dying to try an arc trainer, but BOY! are they expensive!!
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have a stationary bike that I used almost every day for a year. Then I moved and I never did find a great place for it. My ex-husband used to hang his damp towels on it, and now the part that tracks speed and time only works sometimes. So it doesn't get used very often. I'd like to get a treadmill or an elliptical, but I don't have the space for it.