Stubbon fat?

Options
7433348_2864.jpg

So this is currently my weight 150lbs
I am wanting to get my weight down to 110lbs,
But this tummy of mine doesn't want to slim down or tone up, i also have fairly big thighs,
in order to tone up my upper abdomen i tend to do 100 sit ups before i go to bed, this helps.. but not with the areas i have mentioned. Any suggestions on loosing this stubborn fat and remember share your stories if you wish.

Replies

• aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I was told that walking very fast will work wonders. When I was waiting tables in a very large restaurant I walked fast everywhere. And it worked then.
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Just how you lose everything else. Sensible diet, strength training, cardio, and time.
  • LoriIAM
    LoriIAM Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My experience is that the tummy and thighs are the last to show weight loss. Be patient. When the pounds go, the body will show the loss...eventually. Patience is the hardest part of the journey for me.:flowerforyou:
  • apetranovich
    apetranovich Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I would suggest circuit training. When I started doing this, the tummy and legs are the first place I lost weight:happy:
  • hollyVictoria
    Options
    My experience is that the tummy and thighs are the last to show weight loss. Be patient. When the pounds go, the body will show the loss...eventually. Patience is the hardest part of the journey for me.:flowerforyou:

I know, they are the most difficult to get rid of but unfortunately for me, its the places i put on weight most, my upper half is fine as far as i am concerned its just my lower stomach and thighs.
    - its not really patience for me, its the food consumption, as i get hungry really easily, I'm easily tempted into the fatty foods. mm. chocolate.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, unfortunately. My tummy is my trouble area. I've found that HIIT has really helped with moving the weight. I hate it, but it works. :laugh:
  • hollyVictoria
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, unfortunately. My tummy is my trouble area. I've found that HIIT has really helped with moving the weight. I hate it, but it works. :laugh:

I know as much as i wish we could spot reduce its never going to happen, you've found HIIT? what is this? and ill look it up, thanks.
  • corbansmom
    corbansmom Posts: 71
    Options
    Resistance training worked wonders for me in the past. I have the same problem areas. In 2002-2003 I used The Firm system with the FannyLifter (especially the Body Sculpt video) and did crunches with weights on my chest. I will probably do something similar a few days a week with a few days of running once I've completed the C25k program next week.
  • AnuMe901
    AnuMe901 Posts: 44
    Options
    Walking steep hills is what helped me to trim down and tone up my thighs. The ellpitical also helped. :smile:
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    power yoga/pilates really strengthens the core...just the extra bit seems to pull things in an extra bit :bigsmile: