Wedding Help

Options
I am flying to Alaska to get married next month. I would like to lose a few pounds before I go.

In the last 4 weeks I have given up cigarettes, splenda, soda, fast food. (The soda and fast food weren't an every day thing, but I know I needed to give them up to start back on my road to weight loss).

I have a fairly physical job, I walk 2-3 miles a day. And lift boxes that range from 1-35 pounds. I have a gazelle at home and a trail right down the road from my house. And Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Where do I start?

I'm only 20 pounds away from where I would like to be, but I would still like to lose a few pounds before I get married. I do get lean meats, steam my vegetables, weigh things out and measure them out. I enjoy a fiber one cookie as a treat every night, before 8. I won't buy anything unless it is "Whole Grain." I am having a problem with going over on sugar since I started using raw honey in my coffee. But I will cut that out when I finish my honey (it's $10 for the jar, I am not about wasting money, sorry). What do I do? Where do I start? Am I missing anything or doing anything wrong to start out?

Replies

• glitzygem1
    glitzygem1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've cut out meat completely on my diet. I've been eating quorn instead which is half the calories. Maybe try that? I go over my sugar too. I didn't reallise how much sugar was in my diet.good luck xx
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    when is your final dress fitting? you don't want to lose weight after that date and risk your dress not fitting right.
  • wishagirl
    wishagirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    when is your final dress fitting? you don't want to lose weight after that date and risk your dress not fitting right.

The wedding is next May, so I won't have to go in for my final fitting for a while. I wanted to start early so I could maintain keeping the weight off and stay healthy until after the wedding.
    glitzygem1 wrote: »
    I've cut out meat completely on my diet. I've been eating quorn instead which is half the calories. Maybe try that? I go over my sugar too. I didn't reallise how much sugar was in my diet.good luck xx

I Find that if I eat ground turkey and white lean meat, I feel great. Bread is my problem, so I have tried to cut bread out as much as I can. I used to eat bread with every meal and snack and I know that isn't good.
  • wishagirl
    wishagirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, I am getting married next month, but that is just a small thing with my fiance and a witness. We are having a big ceremony in May with friends and Family in Virginia. But I'd like to surprise my fiance with a few pounds lost. I haven't seen him since July. And next month will be the only time I see him before the wedding. He is in the Army.