How many meals per day?

Options
How many meals do You eat per day? I have 4 workout days per week + cardioday. I have 7-8 (snacks included) meals per day, about 3000 calories. I eat mostly chicken, rice and greens and there is lot to eat per day! There is more work to eat than lift!

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Usually 2 meals. Occasionally add a snack or small 3rd meal. I workout almost daily.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    mikonen84 wrote: »
    How many meals do You eat per day? I have 4 workout days per week + cardioday. I have 7-8 (snacks included) meals per day, about 3000 calories. I eat mostly chicken, rice and greens and there is lot to eat per day! There is more work to eat than lift!

I have 4 meals with 2 small snacks in between. Calories are in or around 3,100. I would get very bored eating mostly chicken, rice and greens so I like to mix it up. Normally 4 workout days a week and run once a week.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I eat four meals a day. Around 1750-1800 calories, but I'm a small woman and I don't exercise. You can eat anything you like, in fact, variety is important to ensure good nutrition. A more calorie dense diet can make it easier for you to get enough food.
  • fatgiraffe2
    fatgiraffe2 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    3 meals a day, occasionally with a snack in between lunch and dinner but usually just the 3 meals. Sometimes I have dessert of fruit and yogurt after dinner. Usually 1500-1750 calories a day.
  • SophieSmall95
    SophieSmall95 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    2 meals (lunch and dinner) and rest of my calories come from snacks. As I prefer to graze and don't like sticking to a schedule.
  • sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 meals a day and snack if I'm still hungry/want a treat lol. I'm on just under 1700 but sometimes eat my excersize calories back. I excersize most weekdays and walk at weekends. The thing with eating lots of small meals is I never get that "I'm so full" feeling which I do enjoy. Maybe not the best for me. I don't mind grazing if I have one big meal in the day but don't feel satisfied basically snacking all the time. I eat a wide variety daily! I try to keep it balanced, sometimes it works and other times not so much.
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Either 2 or 3 meals and some snacks. I am on 1230 cals.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    ~32
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    2 meals, rarely any snacks. Black coffee and unsweetened iced tea is plentiful.
    Weekends are a little different sometimes, since I'm more likely to be away from home, cooking for BF, or out with friends.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    6 in the form of 3 meals and 3 snacks - total of 2100 calories on average (at maintenance for 3+ yrs)
    I just can't eat good sized meals any more, might be an age thing? (47) or might just be my belly has gotten used to eating less and can't handle too much. Either way I like eating every 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i eat when im hungry.

that might be 2 meals. or 3. or a combination of 2 or 3 meals and snacks. or 1 meal. or i might pick and basically snack all day.

i eat when im hungry.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    3 meals, 1-2 snacks.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    mikonen84 wrote: »

That sounds incredibly boring and unnecessary.

I eat three actual meals per day and have three snack times...sometimes four.
  • BillMcKay1
    BillMcKay1 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    5-6. 3 meals and 2-3 snacks about. Something every 2-3hrs.

For me I find it works to keep the hangrys at bay.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    3 meals & 2 snacks on workout days and just the 1 snack on non workout days.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,895 Member
    Options
    Meals? 2.

How many times a day do I eat? 9 or 10.