Blood Type Diet

Options
I came accross some new information to me and was wondering what people think of the Blood Type Diet - I am B+ blood type. Any thoughts or suggestions or opinions??? Thanks!!

Replies

• Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Bump...:flowerforyou:
  • Taralynngranius
    Options
    i don't have much info for you but i know my sister just started this diet and said it is going to be really great for her.. she had lost 4 lbs almost immediately and was feeling better because she was eating what she should be...
    best of luck to you!
  • TiraG
    TiraG Posts: 68
    Options
    I have never heard of it...Interesting.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks it sounds like a fad diet? I read some of the websites and "characteristics" of blood types and it read like astrology.
  • inatay7
    inatay7 Posts: 141
    Options
    According to my blood type I shouldn't be eating a whole list of my favourite things.................... not willing to give them up just yet, but on the other had, could be the answer to my weight problems
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating meat...at leat 85% of the time..that other 15% of the time I do eat some fish...(just want to make sure not to call myself a vegetarian and have someone start some rant thread that I used my terminology incorrectly...LOL) anyway...this was about 15 years ago now and I had a realization that no one could make me eat this crappy chicken ever again...I was an adult...shortly after quitting meat I started going to an allergist that was helping me determine my food allergies as well as intolerances (different ideas) the allergists did a hair sample and a huge barage of tests and mentioned a inability to digest animal proteins well etc...which made sense when I realized how much better I felt after I stopped eating meat...like the lead weight in my gut was gone. After I went through all this someone mentioned the blood type diet to me...turns out I was generally following the blood type for A's (maybe even A-) and lost a good deal of weight and felt awesome. Almost 14 years later my mom brought it up again and showed me the book. I found that the most beneficial things for my blood type are some of my favorites..the nuetrals are good too and a good deal of the things that are on the avoid list are things I really don't like anyway...if I do like it I like something on the other 2 lists as much if not more so I know I wouldn't miss the substitution..ie...I really like cashews and they are on my avoid list but I find almonds more satisfying and just as tasty....so it is not biggie to keep almonds in the house instead of cashews etc...

Look at it. Maybe even try to use it as a guide for a month. It will either make perfect sense and you will feel better or it won't. It is easy for me to follow because it is foods that I think taste awesome and want to eat anyway.
  • Madre_Bella
    Options
    Wow, now I've heard it all! lol. Interesting though. I don't know anything about it, but good luck. :)
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Im an A and according to the chart, I should not eat any red meat and only a few cheeses. No thank you! :noway:
  • OElleBelleO
    OElleBelleO Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm A and checked it out. Strangely enough, the times when I was eating more of a vegetarian diet, I felt incredible so obviously I think it works. I just wonder if blood type is also related to ethnicity.
  • debbiegramsof6
    debbiegramsof6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the Blood Type Diet on my Kindle. Then bought the Cookbook. My daughter and I are both A- and her eating habits are spot on for the A- Blood Type. No wonder she looks GREAT. She doesn't poison her self with the wrong foods. Now to start working on myself. I say look into it before you say NO Way. It makes more sense than you would imagine.