Losing inches but not weight?

Options
So I've been exercising daily and weighing and logging everything that I eat. I'm happy that I am losing inches mainly in my arms which were a problem area for me. But just wondering since I'm losing inches on my body overall, when will the weight come off? Frustrating but I'm happy that I'm experiencing some loss I guess.

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    If you are losing inches, that means you are losing fat. That is far better than a number on a scale.

However, water retention can mask losses. I wouldn't worry too much. Obviously what you're doing is working.
  • empressjasmin
    empressjasmin Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    If you are losing inches, that means you are losing fat. That is far better than a number on a scale.

However, water retention can mask losses. I wouldn't worry too much. Obviously what you're doing is working.

Thank you. I agree!

• Brianneplus3
    Brianneplus3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    So I've been exercising daily and weighing and logging everything that I eat. I'm happy that I am losing inches mainly in my arms which were a problem area for me. But just wondering since I'm losing inches on my body overall, when will the weight come off? Frustrating but I'm happy that I'm experiencing some loss I guess.
    Same here and it's so frustrating!!! Watching my calories, exercising 2X's a day and the scale is laughing at me. :( However I can see that I'm slimming down.

• sfa90
    sfa90 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I had the same for about 2/3 months, after those months finally the scale went down too.
  • gjw1911
    gjw1911 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The scale is definitely important, but the mirror and tape measure are just as important. Use all three together.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Join the club
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Me too. It happens so subtly that you don't notice it though..... :)
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way: Gravity is different on the moon. If you were to somehow make it to the moon (and bring your scale with you lol) would you be happier if you were at your goal weight on the scale, but you looked exactly the same, or if your weight was the same, but you were three sizes smaller?
  • empressjasmin
    empressjasmin Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »
    Think of it this way: Gravity is different on the moon. If you were to somehow make it to the moon (and bring your scale with you lol) would you be happier if you were at your goal weight on the scale, but you looked exactly the same, or if your weight was the same, but you were three sizes smaller?

Great way to put it!