Sore after P90X!

Options
So, I have been exercising for about 2 months, mostly low inpact stuff like Walk Away the Pounds (3 mile) and Hips Hop Abs...adding 2-4 pound weights as well. This week I have started the P90X Lean program and after day 2 I am SO sore! Granted this is far more intense than what I was doing, but I was not expecting to feel like this. So far I've done the Core Synergistics and the Cardio X...today I'm scheduled for shoulders and arms, plus the ab ripper.

My question is this: Should I continue with the workout today or should I rest? I don't want to hurt myself, at the same time I feel like it must be safe or they wouldn't have the schedule set up this way. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Replies

• devildog64
    Options
    Well i am in my 11th week of P90X and i am amazed.. I use to work out a lot when i was younger but never mixed it up like this.. I have not only lost weight but i have went down 5 belt notches in these last 11 weeks.. Men seem to burn off a little faster then women do but it works. You really need to stick to the whole plan and if you miss a day bump it to the next and keep working on the schedule.. I would also use MyFitnessPal to count your intake it really helped me..
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    Push through the soreness! You will be sore almost all the way through the program but a good kind of sore. The first week is "hell" though. As long as you are not hurt, just do what you can and work through the soreness!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I know that you get really sore at first but my advice is to push through the pain and follow the schedule. Don't push yourself too hard but I always find that after the warm up (that hurts so badly when you are sore) that I could usually get through the rest of the routine just fine. I have just started my second round of the X (on day 4 of Classic) and I can relate to your soreness.

If you want to friend me I will help support you. I lost 24 pounds the first round and I am convinced that this round I WILL lose more. I am also running in addition to P90x this time.

Good luck and eat your protein to feed those muscles.
  • learnbygoing
    learnbygoing Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If it's muscle pain, push through it! I'm on my second week, and am amazed at the difference even just one week makes. However if you're having joint pain be more careful...I've been having problems with one of my shoulders and have needed to modify/skip a few of the moves to give it more time to get back to normal.
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    Have you tried a recovery drink? It may help your muscle soreness a little.
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    hpygirl64ColleenLinder Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Definitely continue with the program. That is the problem most be stop because they are sore. It's good to be sore, that means your up to something and p90x program incorporates the rest days for you along with the stretching days with yoga. Follow the program as it is laid out and you will LOVE loVE LoVe your results. Best of luck.

Anyone else that wants to friend me feel free to do so. I also have a FB accountability group for those that are doing p90x, turbofire, chalean extreme, insanity, etc. I'm addicted and doing Brazil Butt Lift next!