Need encouragement and helpful advice! Once lost 115lbs now gained 90lbs back!!

Options
Well it's been a long time since I've been on here and you can tell! I once lost 115lbs starting in 2010 with Gastric Bypass...then a slew of health problems quickly followed along with a 90lb weight gain! I've had Rhabdomyolysis 3 times, Fibromyalgia, some type of Mitochondrial Disease and now recently diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. I never experienced any of these health problems until after my surgery! Now all sorts of medications being prescribed that have weight gain side effects. I've now gained 90lbs back!!

Replies

• ciery1021
    ciery1021 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Continued post...I'm an RN and have the knowledge base in regards to nutrition and exercise that is needed to accomplish my goals! Unfortunately, I'm now on disability. I don't want to utilize this tesource for long...hopefully just until they doc's find the right combo to get me feeling better again.
  • ptipton520
    ptipton520 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It sounds as though your auto immune system is all messed up. You might start with seeing a good nutritionist for advice about your diet. They should be able to help you design a system with foods you can eat to lose weight and foods that will also help with inflammation. Also, have you asked your doctor about alternative medication that does not have weight gain as a side effect. They might know of something. Other than that, work on realizing that you can lose weight! It might be hard to accept since is sounds like you lost the 115 lbs from gastric bypass surgery. But the simple truth is that if you have a calorie deficit (calories needed to maintain your current weight less calories consumed) you will lose weight. It will be slower than you experienced before but it can be done. The strength it took to do the bypass and to lose over a 100 pounds is still there -- dig it up and put it to use.
  • ciery1021
    ciery1021 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Continued post....i once welcomed any exercise challenge; now I'm only able to do some walking. I'm done with the pity party and ready to show myself the strong woman that I am! I will not let this define me!! I would love to hear your stories and will take all the support, motivation and encouragement I can get. Good luck with your own personal goals!