Too soon for 30 Day Shred?

Options
Dottie27
Dottie27 Posts: 159 Member
At what point is it good to include 30 Day Shred into exercise? It sounds like it may be too intense for people with a lot of weight to lose who are early in the MFP program. What do you think?

Replies

• MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You can do it at any time, it is pretty intense but you can take breaks and only do as much as you can do and work up to it. You don't have to stick to finishing it all in 30 days, just do what you can :)
  • Tayla08
    Tayla08 Posts: 94
    Options
    Actually I think it would be perfect for you to start. It's tough at first, but it does get a lot easier. It's only a 20 minute workout, which is why I love it, I can handle 20 minutes! I highly recommend it! I love it.
  • casirdms
    casirdms Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I think it's great, even for beginners. There are modifications in some of the moves that you can do to start off with if you can't go all the way. But it's a tough workout that can make you push yourself and you will see results if you stick with it !
  • amberlee2011
    amberlee2011 Posts: 129
    Options
    It is a very intense work out. I tried it a few weeks ago (at 194 lbs) and I could barely walk afterwards. I did finish it though, which felt awesome. I was sore for about six days afterwards. I’m teaming up with a friend and we are going to start tomorrow and try and motivate each other to do it everyday. We can’t work out together, but if I know I’m obligated to tell her whether I did it or not, that will be an extra kick in the rear. The video is under $10.00 so you aren’t out too much if it’s too tough. But like the previous poster said, you don’t have to do it everyday. You can do what you can and work up to it. It’s a tough work out but when you are doing it and you think it’s only 20 minutes, I can do this, it makes it a little easier.
  • witchyboots
    witchyboots Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if I had started this DVD 6 months ago when I was over 40lbs heavier I KNOW I couldn't have done it. I had to build myself up to it by doing cardio and low impact exercises..and I still feel like I'm gonna keel over some days. It's quite intense but a great workout. Be prepared to sweat! :happy:
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Do it! Although you may not be able to complete all of it at first, something is better than nothing. Also remember, just because it's recommended to do it every day, many people don't, they just do it a few days a week.
    I have very bad knees and can't do all the jumping that is in the cardio parts, but I just make sure I do something that keeps me moving for that time.
    If using the weights are too hard, do the movements without weights. You will eventually build your endurance, strength and fitness.

GO FOR IT!!!!
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I tried it when I was around 190 and couldn't move for three days (after just three minutes). Now at 163 and in better physical condition, I can make it through level 1.

It may be called the 30 day shred but Jillian states to move to the next level when you are ready.

It wont hurt to try! If you feel you can't do it now then build up your endurance and then try again. Or do as much as you can and try to build on it.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    go for it, there are modified moves and u can take it at your own pace.
  • GeorgieBradley1
    Options
    I say go for it and just do what you can. Thats what Jillian says in the DVDs anyway. Just do your best. Things like burpees you won't be able to do straight away (I find them so hard and I'm not overweight) but theres always alternatives shown for each exercise.

I'm sure Jillian uses some of the moves in the 30 day shred and Ripped in 30 DVDs in the Biggest Loser programmes. I can't say that for definite but I just mean that those people are extremely overweight and look what she makes them do and what they end up achieving.

Good luck anyway!