Looking for Diet buddy support

Options
Hi
I've been on the diet plan for about 3/4 weeks now and lost 9 pounds so far but I am starting to waver and lose inspiration and focus. Would love to have some online buddies to encourage and share tips with as none of my family or friends are dieting at the moment and with two hungry adult kids at home and a husband with a sweet tooth it can be pretty lonely keeping at it!
I look forward to hearing from you.

Replies

• cjnolt
    cjnolt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    sent you a friend request
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome :smile:

Well done on your weight loss so far :smile:

Increased exercise was the key for me.

Look out for the different challenges on here, they are great for motivation :happy:

Good luck on reaching your goal, we are all here to help, through the good times and the bad

I've sent you a friend request too :smile:
  • ryandylan
    ryandylan Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat!!! Friend request sent :)
  • MistyDC29
    MistyDC29 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I just started, so I am right here with you! My husband is actually dieting too, but all he has to do is think about it and it starts to fall off! So annoying! Anyway, I would love to have some support too!
  • nojecu
    nojecu Posts: 4
    Options
    Sent ya a request!
  • CarolineWatkins
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Caroline. I am a mother of three adult children and one grand child. My husband is and always has been very supportive in everything i have done and want to do. I am about 100 pounds over weight and feel so alone.
    Everyday is a up hill battle for me. Not only becouse of my weight. But I also have FSH Muscular Dystrophy. Like many people i have my good days and bad ones. I have been fighting with my weight for years. and at this point i'm thinking about Lap-Band surgerie.
    My only reson for this thought is becouse of my FSH. This has been making it hard for me to lose the weight. I am just getting started with this My Fitness Pal program in hope to reach out to others for advice and friendship.
  • jap81
    jap81 Posts: 1
    Options
    I know the feeling of doing it alone.
    It is hard being the only one in a group and harder yet cooking for loved ones when you feel like you are starving to death.
    It gets very discouraging.
    I don't have kids, but my husband is not dieting with me.
    He probably needs it just as much if not more than I do but he is very hard to convince.
    I try to lead by example, but that gets me done sometimes.
  • bomomar
    bomomar Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some people to compete with in weight loss. I'm a competitive guy and figure it might be motivational to compete against others. If you want to compete please let me know. We will base standings on weight loss percentages. Each week the last place finisher will be asked to donate $5.00 to a charity of your choice. Only join us if you are serious. If you are interested please send me a friend invite. Weigh-in and donation is honor system. LETS GO WE CAN DO IT.