Zombies, Run!

Options
Is anyone else using this app? I did the first mission during my walk/run last night and it was sooooo fun, super impressed.

Replies

• AlMonkey
    AlMonkey Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Inspired to go find this app now! I like the idea of a fun run app
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I love it - since I started running last October I've been using it lots and an almost caught up to the newest Season 5 release. I've done all the races and side missions and stuff too and I often use radio mode as well. I find it very motivating because I feel the need to keep going until the mission is over even if I might normally have slowed or stopped. It's one of the few freemium apps I've ever paid for because I found it so worth it and wanted to support them financially.

I give it credit for taking me from barely-5K to half-marathon in less than 3 months as well.

Edited to add: according to the app I've used it for over 800 miles since I started :)
  • Sixtine79
    Sixtine79 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love it too - very entertaining! And I'm motivated to go for a run so I can get supplies for my base ;-)
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Am the only one who was bored by this app? I think there's something wrong with my app because it's a story and you pick things up, that's it. I wish I had zombies chasing me like how it's advertised.
  • Sixtine79
    Options
    @Asher_Ethan you have to activate the zombie chases. You choose how often you get chased and how much faster you need to run to escape them. It's in the options for each mission.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    @Sixtine79 before I start the mission?! Is it on the page of the mission?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    mine kept freezing on me or would get quiet after it would tell me to run and then nothing would happen. so I deleted the app. would have been fun had it worked right
  • Sixtine79
    Options
    @Asher_Ethan correct! When you tap on the mission you have three buttons: music, gps, and chases. That's where you can pick and adjust.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    mine kept freezing on me or would get quiet after it would tell me to run and then nothing would happen. so I deleted the app. would have been fun had it worked right

Well the story portions happen every 5 minutes or so, so there is quiet in between, and you can also turn on zombie chases so things happen in between the story portions :) as for the freezing up, I don't have an answer to that, but maybe if you try re-installing it, it might work correctly :)
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yes I love it. Just coming to the end of season 1
  • fitgamercatlady
    fitgamercatlady Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you for finding the only thing that might actually get me to do some cardio.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I've been using this app for years. I really love it. You really get to feel for the characters. You can set it so there's music in between the story clips and not silence. I believe it now works with Spotify in addition to music you have on your phone. You can adjust the length of each "mission", too, by deciding how many songs to play in between each clip.
  • jendear6
    jendear6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just did the first mission last night around midnight with my best friend. It was hilarious to watch her get freaked out when the zombies chased us
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    jendear6 wrote: »
    I just did the first mission last night around midnight with my best friend. It was hilarious to watch her get freaked out when the zombies chased us

Lol im glad you like it! So fun!