If I only liked eggs....what's for breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats with chia seeds, soya milk and then I add fresh fruit when I eat it. I don't know why but it seems more filling when it's cold. Could just be me!
  • polly1970
    polly1970 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    6 oz Fage 0% Greek yogurt mixed with 32 grams unsalted almond butter. Delicious, filling and 290 calories.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Have a steak?
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The best thing I discovered is "Summer Porridge" It's delicious and filling and low cal!
    See recipes below, I Usually add 1 serving of oatmeal, 1/3 cup greek yogurt (nonfat), ALmond milk, Flax seeds (or chia), blueberries or other fruit, and a touch of honey or maple syrup for sweetness! Usually no more than 300 -350 cals

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Why eggs? Any protein would work - beef, pork, poultry, fish, cheese, etc.

That's what I want to know. Why eat eggs if you don't like them?
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    English muffin (Thomas whole grain or high fiber, around 100-120 cals) with a smear of cream cheese (60 cals), tomato, spinach (15ish cals), shredded rotisserie or leftover chicken (120ish)

Whole grain toast with 1T hummus, deli or roasted turkey breast, sliced cucumber, tomato, spinach

Bagel thin with mashed avocado and turkey or cheese - Wholey guacamole 100 calorie packs are pretty convenient for this, and you can keep them in the freezer for a couple months. They thaw in a few minutes.

Whole wheat waffle with peanut butter and apple slices

Leftover dinner? I once made pumpkin walnut pancakes, froze them, and popped them in the toaster. Worked well, but I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin - I was trying to like new things. The recipe I used did have a fair amount of protein and fiber, and was under 300 for 2 pancakes.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    xvolution wrote: »
    If you don't like the sight of eggs, you can add them into a breakfast burrito. Just brown up some sausage, sautee some peppers and onions and scramble some eggs, then wrap them in a tortilla wrap.

I'm the same way about eggs. They have to be fully cooked before I can enjoy them, and if I end up having an omelette, both sides have to be practically semi-burnt to ensure it's cooked all the way through.

In case you don't like the taste of semi-burnt eggs - ignore if you want the texture from drying them out. I know some people prefer them that way:

You can cook them at a low temp for longer and get them completely cooked without drying them out.

Another method is steaming - mix as usual for a scramble and then put the mix in a steamer until cooked all the way through. The steam cooks at high heat, so it's done quickly, but it also prevents moisture loss.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    There have to be other sources of protein that you can have other than eggs. I'm with ya though on the "runny" issue.

Hard boiled eggs or Greek yogurt - various cheeses can all help. Or just have some turkey or leftover steak or something.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I'd have steak stir fried with broccoli, onions and peppers (hot and sweet).
  • kschramm7
    kschramm7 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Eggs because I'm not a morning person, I'm not very creative and they seem to be key in getting me to lunch without my stomach growling. I'm going to give all this some thought and over the weekend come up with some new breakfasts for next week. Thanks for all the ideas!