How much calory in this

Options
Dear all

Would someone please tell me how much approximately in this meal (Boiled potato cut in small piece and fried with 2 eggs using olive oil)

nmp9ap74mdux.jpg

Any ideas for a low calorie launch excluding salads (I really don't like Salads)

Thank you & regards

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Look up each ingredient separately in the Food tab. You'll need to measure the olive oil with a measuring spoon, and weigh the potato on a food scale for complete accuracy. If you didn't do that, then guess this time and pay closer attention next time if you are worried about accuracy. The olive oil could be 10 calories or 200, depending on how much you used.

We can't look up all your food for you. :)

Welcome to the site!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    It really repends on the type/weight of popato, the weight of the oil and size of the eggs. Its best to weigh all solids raw, measure all liquids, and then enter it into mfp...using accurate entries (double check them with the packages).

If you cant do that...estimate how much of each item you used, add 50% and put that in mfp.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Depends on how big the potato was (did you weight it?), how big the eggs were (small, medium or large - were they weighed?), and how much olive oil (did you measure or weigh?). I would guesstimate around 300 or so calories, depending on the amount of oil.

For lunches: sandwiches, cereal, leftovers from dinner, frozen entrees (Lean Cuisine, etc.), stir-fry, protein shake, really whatever you want that fits your calories.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Seriously, we cannot do this for you. Weigh your ingredients when cooking something and then look up the calories. Add it to the recipe builder and log it.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Log your ingredients in My Fitness Pal - we can't know the measurements.

Boiled Potatoes, 100 grams would be 87 calories
    Egg, 1 large, 71 calories - so 2 would be 142 calories
    1 tablespoon, 119 calories - so 1 teaspoon would be 40 calories

If this is a common meal for you, then create a recipe in recipe builder.....you won't have to log all the ingredients every time.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Depends on size and amounts of potato, oil. I'd also guess it is at least 300 calories.
    I often have a sandwich, salad, or dinner leftovers for lunch. Today I had leftover minestrone soup.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Needs cheese and jalapenos.
  • kermax39
    kermax39 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Yes definitely, or at the very least some garlic

• jnmrie
    jnmrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    There is no way to know. It could vary greatly depending upon the weights of each ingredient.

For example:

Could be a potato (220g), olive oil (14g), 2 large eggs (100g) = 443 calories

OR

Could be potato (475g), olive oil (28g), 2 extra large eggs (155g) = 830 calories

Or even more. Oil can be easy to overindulge.
  • oklahoma120
    oklahoma120 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thnx for the answer guys , I'm all new to this and I got your point (I will get a balance and do my own Math)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    kermax39 wrote: »
    Yes definitely, or at the very least some garlic

And some chicken