Loosing inches but not the lbs with pictures

Options
jenhenning219
jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
so i am loosing inches and not lbs but people are telling me i am getting skinny let me know what all you guys think =)

this is me last month
jzh-1.jpg

and this is me this morning
IMAG0091.jpg

Replies

• sdrlatg
    sdrlatg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    lbs could = water... do you take into consideration how much sodium you intake during the day? or even when you weigh yourself regularly (during that time of the month)? you also may need to change your workout routine to get your body going again, if it gets used to the same routine it can stop working for you... good luck & stick with it, your hard work will catch up to you eventually :)
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You are looking great! Awesome progress!!
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    You can tell especially in your face!
    Have you tried measuring yourself? How do your clothes feel? Those are also indicators you are losing inches.
    Keep it up you look fantastic!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    i dont think it matters that your not loosing weight, along as you are loosing something.
    and you can see you have definitely shrunk.
    congratulations!! ^-^
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    You do look tighter.... especially your thighs. which is good!

Keep at it. It is probably water weight. I definately lost inches before my body decided to lose pounds. What that means is that you are losing FAT and not FAT AND MUSCLE... so it is REALLY REALLY good!
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I plateau'd for 3 MONTHS. The scale didn't move, but my clothes kept fitting looser. I had started running, swimming, weights......I was adding muscle at the same rate I was losing fat. Just balanced out for a while. Eventually, the scale started moving again.
  • cathyAprice
    Options
    Looking good! I always jokingly say I don't care if I weigh 180 lbs as long as I'm a size 9 :laugh: Of course, I mean that I don't really focus on the scale but make sure that I measure monthly. I weigh too, but if I gain lbs but lose inches, I don't sweat it.

www.cathyprice.net
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    depends on the brand some i need a bigger size and some are smaller like all my size 14 jeans fit but a 15 jrs is too tight for me to wear still but that just gives me more will power to loose weight, as far as sodium i stay under the allowed amount a day, and i drink tons of water and i do alot of walking and i have sex everyday and that helps a lot too as far as other exercise well i am getting back into it
  • kathott
    kathott Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i think we are experiencing much the same thing. have plateaued now for two months...frustrating but my clothes are looser all the time...
    i could definitely see lose of weight in your arms and definitely in your face/neck....so you must be doing something right...
    hang in there...i feel your frustration!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    You definitely look better! Congrats on the progress!
  • Gr8_body4life
    Options
    depends on the brand some i need a bigger size and some are smaller like all my size 14 jeans fit but a 15 jrs is too tight for me to wear still but that just gives me more will power to loose weight, as far as sodium i stay under the allowed amount a day, and i drink tons of water and i do alot of walking and i have sex everyday and that helps a lot too as far as other exercise well i am getting back into it

LOL, They more you feel better about yourself, the more that will increase!! You look great, your face is the first thing i noticed! Plus I am with you, my scale didnt budge for months as I was losing CRAZY inches! so DONT give up, its a journey, enjoy it!

NOTE: i was referring to the sex portion! my fingers didn't type as fast my brain thought it!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Everyones correct, you can lose inches without weight loss. SO frustrating but even Ive gone through it! and our bodies like to hold things in funny wyas before they let them go honestly. Try upping the intensity of your workouts :) even walks can be longer, or find a hill or huge set of stairs!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!