Any pescetarians

Options
Just wondering if anyone else is a pescetarian like me. I tried being a vegetarian but after a few days back to fish.

Replies

• aceofswords
    aceofswords Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yup! I've been a pescetarian for about 8 years now. Because of my culture and where I live, seafood had to stay on the menu! That being said, I mostly make meat substitutes for myself when I cook, I save fish/shrimp for when I go out to eat.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I like fish but am in no way a Pescetarian.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    i am! i call it vegaquarian, no real reason why, just thought it was cute after i heard amanda palmer say it.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I am. I tend to just call myself a vegetarian though, because I am so particular about the sourcing of my seafood and would hate to offend someone who prepared seafood for me (with the knowledge I occasionally eat it) if I wasn't comfortable with eating what they made.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I've been a pescetarian since 1987 - but only just heard of the term "pescetarian" 2 years ago. I always considered myself a vegetarian who ate seafood :wink:
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I am. I tend to just call myself a vegetarian though, because I am so particular about the sourcing of my seafood and would hate to offend someone who prepared seafood for me (with the knowledge I occasionally eat it) if I wasn't comfortable with eating what they made.

Exactly the same here! I will eat fish that I am sure of the sourcing, sustainability and ethics of, and local seafood. I don't have carte blanche in fisher seafood though.

• titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I struggle. Most red meat causes my joints to swell up, so I try to eat fish...but I don't like fish. Luckily that helps with the whole weight loss thing.
  • DaneDuncan
    DaneDuncan Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi, I am pescetarian or as my friends call me a fish-n-chip-ycrite ! I enjoy this diet so long as I am aware of over fish farming and avoiding certain fish brands, over farmed fish and fishing types. I tried a vegan diet and loved it but hard in the long run with limited accessibility to products.
  • DaneDuncan
    DaneDuncan Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ps. Is Amanda Palmer pesce?! Awesome bloody love that woman. Vegaquarian
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am one too :) I don't eat meat but I eat certain fishes and seafood, and eggs too. I try to avoid dairy but I'll have some on occasions.