Are you ready for some football?

Options
kmidash
kmidash Posts: 21 Member
Football season is upon us! We do pro, college and high school at my house- Looking for some healthy ideas- I know I can google them, but I want to hear what others are actually doing. My go to's right now are of course a veggie tray (looking for super fit dips), I have refitted a jalapeno popper recipe as well as a chicken buffalo dip. Whatcha got?

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Steelers!!!

Sorry had to plug there...

I'm the only football fan in my house so unfortunately I can't help you with recipes as I usually watch alone :'(
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have to admit I like watching the games later in the season. I guess by that point the weather is cooler and I like big pots of long cooking soup, stews, chili and such.

Here is something from the grill we enjoy. Turkey italian sausage stuffed peppers. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/07/grilled-italian-sausage-stuffed-peppers.html

Grilled+Sausage+Stuffed+Peppers+3.jpg

• kmidash
    kmidash Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks dk- I love stuffed peppers of all kinds- know what you mean about the "fall" food- hubby coached for a while so we are used to the August starts- not baseball fans so its a LONG time between Hockey and football.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    October is my favorite - baseball, football and hockey! Can't help with the food ideas other than the normal pickings
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    We make chilli, nachos and few other things :)

Grilled Bacon Onion Rings!

tbqfy6yq9hxu.png

Chicken wings with Sriracha lime sauce :)

kbp1xx6awfnb.jpg

Grilled Avocados filled with fresh pico de gallo and cotija cheese :)

lydfs4qk3cpl.jpg