Friends with hypothyroidism?

Options
Hey everyone! I'm looking for some friends on here, especially those with hypothyroidism. I am 19 years old and have been struggling dropping weight and keeping it off for years now. Thanks to anyone who adds!

Replies

• Justme_1
    Justme_1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hypo here too
  • missandi23
    missandi23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm hypo. Just diagnosed a couple weeks ago. Just started on meds.
  • xjchic98
    xjchic98 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm hypo, with Hashimoto's disease. It's definitely been a struggle the last year, weight-wise. Feel free to add me!
  • lmd177
    lmd177 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm Hypo, and have Hashimoto's as well. I struggle all the time with my weight. I'm sluggish most of the time. I also have Fibromyalgia and Sjogrens Syndrome.
  • crowedog6
    crowedog6 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
  • deejo82
    deejo82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im hypo with hashimotos. On thyroxine. Have managed to lose 10kgs. Took a while but got more to go and plateauing.
  • angelinapastina
    angelinapastina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started with Graves' disease. They removed my thyroid and now I am hypothyroid. I was 158 before my thyroid was removed and after several years ballooned up to 298. I started in January and I have lost a little for 50lbs. It has not been easy.
  • amberleedavis16
    amberleedavis16 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, i have Hypothyroidism and have also been struggling with weight my whole life
  • gemmabann
    gemmabann Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've hypothyroidism to no idea how to add anyone, been struggling to lose weight lost 10lb now it's stopped and stayed the same for last month and insight or advice would be amazing!
  • RBO1101
    RBO1101 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hypo since 12+ years ago and currently on 150 mcgs Synthroid. My highest weight early on near my diagnosis was 265. Somehow by the grace of God, I was able to lose 20 lbs and get down to 245 some years ago. Since then, I have ping-pongged in the 225-245 range. Since June, I made great strides in my diet and have been able to lose 23 lbs and now down to 210. I am inching ever close to being in Onederland and 199 or under. I cannot image what emotions I will feel once I reach that, I'm almost a little scared. What has worked for this "this time" in trying to lose lbs was greatly reducing simple carbs- breads, tortillas, etc, and thus eliminating a lot of gluten. Stopped drinking soy because I had no idea how bad it could be for thyroid health. Increasing veggies and protein. It has not been easy but as long as I see progress, I am motivated to stay on board. Please fee free to add me!
  • TXthunderstorm
    TXthunderstorm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Struggling with weight-loss and hypothyroidism, please add me too
  • 1337AMR
    1337AMR Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had a baby 7 months ago and developed hypothyroidism. I haven't lost a single pound since 2 weeks after the baby came. I'm on here to try and get a plan to lose weight. I was not tolerating Levothyroxine well so I began Armour thyroid on the 3rd of August and I'm doing a bit better. I truly hope I can get my levels in range so I can start losing weight!
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    im too hypo over here, currently began on 25mg of levothyroxine, gained a stone in 4 weeks, which is madness. hoping this week ill see something go
  • 1337AMR
    1337AMR Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would've "liked" your comment but I empathize with you and I wouldn't like gaining weight either. Wishing you luck on your weight loss journey!! 25mg is a very low dose, but it may take awhile before your doctor starts to really adjust the dosage. I was on it for almost a month @ 50mcg and was feeling really ill on it. I discontinued it and began on Armour thyroid. Finally saw an Endochronologist today for my first visit with him and he told me it will take a few months before I really begin to see the effects of the medication beginning to work. He even mentioned that when #'s are in range, sometimes symptoms still persist too. I guess the only way to truly beat the fatigue is to take the meds and try to push yourself through exercise. Here's to us and our weight loss journey!!
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm hypo and have Hashimoto's. I was think until my thyroid went bad in my 30s. But it's under control now, thanks to modern medical science.