370lbs and ready to change

Options
Hi. I'm Hannah. I have 3 children. I am very compact for my weight and I think part of that is I am also a bit of muscle. I was 160 before I got pregnant with my oldest that's now almost 6. But I gained some weight that pregnancy and my back got messed up from it. After that it was just a downhill spiral because my back hurt so bad all of the time. It's hard to walk long distances, bend, stand in one spot. All because of my back. I am now attending physical therapy. And I am ready after my third child who is now 5 months old, to start my journey. I've been trying to get back down for years but because I would get pregnant it would all halt. I went from 160 to 326 with my oldest. After that it's just slowly went up over the years. If I could even get under 300 that'd b huge for me. If you are needing to lose a lot also please ad me so we can support each other

Replies

• ShellieGetsFit
    ShellieGetsFit Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Hannah! I wish you all the best with your weight loss goals. MFP is a great tool. I had lost over 40lbs for my wedding in 2014 using this...it was mostly gained back, but that's because I stopped.

Im sending you a request.
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck on your journey!! I'm at the beginning of my journey with a long long ways to go. I'll send a friend request.
  • gregsbutler13
    gregsbutler13 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hiya Hannah! You can totally do this, just take it a day at a time. My wife is in a similar battle and its hard, but if you eat right and drink plenty of water before you know it your a hundred pounds down. I got up to 346lbs myself and had knee and back pain. I no longer have pain in either spot. You got this :)
  • beckey24
    beckey24 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I started at 363 just a few weeks ago and was 352 earlier this week. I have had success with MFP in the past, but never stuck with it. I am going to make my goals this time.
  • cooliocat123
    cooliocat123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Hannah! Hang in there! I just gained 70+ lbs with my recent pregnancy and am struggling to get back down. I have back problems too so believe me I sympathize- so hard to exercise when it hurts to move! I'll add you.
  • LaceTulloh
    LaceTulloh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can really relate to this! I've had kids and injuries over the years that helped me get to where I am now. I realized a few months ago that I was 290 and I knew I just couldn't keep going like that. You can do it! Can I add you?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Hannah. I have 3 children. I am very compact for my weight and I think part of that is I am also a bit of muscle. I was 160 before I got pregnant with my oldest that's now almost 6. But I gained some weight that pregnancy and my back got messed up from it. After that it was just a downhill spiral because my back hurt so bad all of the time. It's hard to walk long distances, bend, stand in one spot. All because of my back. I am now attending physical therapy. And I am ready after my third child who is now 5 months old, to start my journey. I've been trying to get back down for years but because I would get pregnant it would all halt. I went from 160 to 326 with my oldest. After that it's just slowly went up over the years. If I could even get under 300 that'd b huge for me. If you are needing to lose a lot also please ad me so we can support each other

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery might check out this group.. It's very supportive. Welcome to MFP, Hannah :smiley:@hannah1011z
  • kathangel2012
    kathangel2012 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No more wasting time as I may not have much time left if I continue like this. I need support, accountability, encouragement to do every and any little or big things to get healthy again. Suffice to say I have always eaten well and exercised until a year ago when I became discouraged as the weight went up instead of down. My health has deteriorated quickly. So I need to stay on my protein program that is full of nutrition and I need to walk at minimum 10,000 steps a DAY AND 3 visits to the gym for weight workout. Please help me I have a grand daughter I love and I want to be here to see her grow up and be a role model. Please help me