Hair loss ???

Options
Hola everyone! I have noticed an increase in hair loss this part month. Is this normal? It falls out during the day and after I get out of the shower and comb my hair it's like a ton of pieces fall out :noway:

( I don't think I have a thyroid problem, I have been losing weight fine)

I have heard to start taking Bioten and I already take a muli-vitamin.

Replies

• szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Just because you've been losing weight doesn't mean you have a thyroid problem. One of the telltale signs of hyperthyroidism is hair loss, and you can lose weight. It's worth getting tested!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Hola everyone! I have noticed an increase in hair loss this part month. Is this normal? It falls out during the day and after I get out of the shower and comb my hair it's like a ton of pieces fall out :noway:

( I don't think I have a Thyrod problem, I have been loosing weight fine)

I have heard to start taking Bioten and I already take a muli-vitamin.

ive lost 80lbs in 6 months still to find out I have a thyroid problem ...... a checkup and bloodwork couldnt hurt
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Gosh, my hair sheds like crazy. I never thought of it as a problem. Just something that happens. So I hope for both of our sake that it *is* normal!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    i dont know...
    i know ytour hair can fall out if your stressed or if your not recieveing the right nutrients though..
    im not a scientist but im pretty sure that it is connected directly with how much fat you ingest...
    so if you dont eat anoth fat then your hair doesnt get what it needs and it just falls out..
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You should talk to your doctor.
  • mizzsolero
    mizzsolero Posts: 47
    Options
    i noticed you have childres, im shedding hair like a wig factory now because of pregnancy. its diffrent every pregnancy you have so it might be that? i started shedding when my son turned 2 months, hes 4.5 months now and my hair seems to be shedding less now.

you could also contact your gp about this thats what i have done :o
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue... even hair dresser made a comment about it. I was just told it's stress. Doctor told me my thyroid was normal. I would love for a solution to this....
  • Bobbysgirl8
    Options
    If you are not getting enough protein in your diet, your hair will fall out. Mine was coming out in handfuls until I started increasing my protein intake.

I also started taking vitamins in addition to the increased protein.

If your specific diet does not allow for ample protein, you can always supplement with a protein shake.

Just my two cents!

Hope it helps!
  • jjclem07
    jjclem07 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    ..I know that thyroid is affected by weight loss. My friend had to have hers increased the more weight she loss. It is worth getting checked out and specking to your physician about the hair loss is a great idea. Maybe lacking something else??
  • lisakreymborg
    Options
    When I started losing weight I began losing tons of hair as well. Really freaked me out. But I think now that it has something to do with hormones changing, and birth control messing with natural hormones. Losing weight definitely changes the balance of the body (in a good way) but weird things can happen during that transition. Maybe a blood test at the dr. would ease your mind?
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It could be as simple as stress or something more complicated that should be left to your doctor to diagnose. However, you should consider two very important supplements:

1. Fish Oil - Omega 3, 6 & 9

2. Vitamin B Complex
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It started about a month and half ago and at the time, I was EXTREMELY under a lot of stress. I was so fed up with my job, I actually found another one after 5 years. I was stress eating and I haven't lost any weight and a month because of it. So it might have something to do with the stress. I just really wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this.
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    @Rikki444 ~THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is exactly what I was wondering, if there was a vitamin or something I could take!