Goals other than certain weight.

Options
I'd love to hear some goals other than just reaching your goal weight.
What are some things you are working towards achieving alongside your weightloss? Or things you hope to do once you are smaller/fitter?

Something I am looking forward to is being stronger in my pole dancing class, and being able to do the upside down tricks.

Another goal of mine is to be too small for plus size shops and fit back into 'regular' size clothing.

Share anything you're looking forward to, or aiming towards achieving. Sometimes it's just nice to take the focus away from the scale for a bit.

Megan.

Replies

• fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to wearing clothes that aren't in the women's plus size section again. I'm also really looking forward to being fit enough to go back to Taekwondo regularly and earn my black belt (I'm still a high blue/purple belt after 6 years of efforts). Also, one thing that may be a bit of a pipe dream, but I really want to do a triathlon someday.
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Great topic! I'm trying to lose some weight to help my running. I'm looking forward to running a half marathon next spring.
  • BananaBite
    BananaBite Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I want to fit into my old pair of jeans, not feel like running is a task, and look gorgeous in a tank top and shorts. Not that I can't look good in shorts and a tank top but I don't feel comfortable.
  • minime0424
    minime0424 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to getting to my weight so that I can cross bungie jumping off my bucket list, and I'd also like to get back into dirt biking!!!!
  • taytasich
    taytasich Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend loves running marathons. I would love to be fit enough to run with him! At least just for fun and be able to actually keep up with him without stopping. I feel like it would be a great bonding activity that I can't currently do. I also look forward to feeling comfortable in a swimsuit. I can't say that I ever have.
  • comicbooklady
    comicbooklady Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My biggest goal, even more than losing weight, is learning to accept and love my body. Even when I was way smaller, I hated my body. I nitpicked all the flaws. I could always be thinner. This time I want to learn to love my body at every size, so I can just be happy all the time!
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Pull ups! And push ups, though I pretty close to that one. Don't really care about the scale number right now, 3lbs to goal. But I would love to get down to about 20% body fat. So I will concentrate on the pull ups and my strength training. The % will drop eventually lol
  • 1shedev
    1shedev Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Benching my bodyweight, 20%BF
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    300 Bench, 375 squat, 400 pull

And of course, 3%
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to wearing some of my favorite clothes that I outgrew.
  • JennifrClaire
    JennifrClaire Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Wearing clothes I bought 30 years ago, on my honeymoon. I still have them, in the loft, and consider it a possibility.