Ankle and wrist

Options
Are there any good workouts to strengthen them? And how much should I do and when? I workout in the mornings.

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Yes, Google them.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    What's going on with your ankles & wrist, and why?
  • MiriamBlissful
    MiriamBlissful Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do aerial silks and my wrists have defiantly gotten stronger over the past few years from that so I'd say exercises that require you to climb would do you're wrists good. Defiantly try rock climbing, that should do you good for your whole body- including your wrists and ankles, not to mention it's loads of fun.
  • Berthony25
    Berthony25 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My wrist and ankles are hurting at times @Cherimoose that's why I want to strengthen them
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    This is one of my newest finds for strengthening the wrists
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000KGOMBC/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1471059314&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=therabar+flexbar&dpPl=1&dpID=41OMUtvTLlL&ref=plSrch
    My OT is having me use one of these to rebuild my forearms after having some pretty bad tendinitis. I linked the green one. The red one is lighter and the blue is much heavier.

I am going to say, if you are in chronic pain, please see a doc. I waited too long and my recovery has been a long process.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    If your balance is good, try a balance board. Constantly adjusting yourself so you don't fall off gives your ankles a fairly good workout.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Berthony25 wrote: »
    My wrist and ankles are hurting at times @Cherimoose that's why I want to strengthen them

You didn't answer why they hurt. If you don't know why, i'd go to a doctor to find out more. Depending on the cause, they may prescribe physical therapy, or some other treatment. :+1:
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Berthony25 wrote: »

You didn't answer why they hurt. If you don't know why, i'd go to a doctor to find out more. Depending on the cause, they may prescribe physical therapy, or some other treatment. :+1:

This. I'd hold off on doing anything till you see a doctor or orthopedist. You might have a serious condition and do more harm. Good luck op, I hope for the best.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    I do aerial silks and my wrists have defiantly gotten stronger over the past few years from that so I'd say exercises that require you to climb would do you're wrists good. Defiantly try rock climbing, that should do you good for your whole body- including your wrists and ankles, not to mention it's loads of fun.

I agree with her. I do aerial and my wrists have also gotten stronger over the past year. Try climbing or aerial stuff, it helps and is super fun.