Army wife looking to reach my potential

Options
Mother of twin toddlers, wife of a soldier, knitter, crocheter, wannabe runner. I guess that's me in a nutshell. They say the last 5 pounds are the hardest to lose, and they are so right! So I am in serious peer pressure to get my butt in gear. I really don't have friends that are MFP users, so I really need some friends on here to keep me honest and tracking my food every day. My goal is to lose 8 pounds and reach 115 lbs. It's not an impractical goal, seeing as how I am a petite, 5'2" female. From my heaviest at 160 (actual heaviest was 170 the day I delivered my twins but I wont count that because that was during pregnancy) I have lost 37 pounds through watching what I eat and exercising (though, tbh, the breastfeeding helped a lot). I never really followed a restricted diet to get here, I just made better choices from the junk food ridden lifestyle I used to follow. I have been at this 125ish plateau for over a year now, and I am determined to see that number budge and drop by the end of the year. But because it has been so long since I have had to count calories, I am finding it difficult to "get back in the game". I have had a MFP account for a few years, but I think this is my first time joining the community. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm kind of in desperate need of those right now.

Replies

• Elcubiche
    Elcubiche Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am also looking to loose about 10 pounds to have a good body definition, I have been eating right but first time counting calories
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, always great to have new friends!