Does anyone else do this...?

Options
Does anyone else ever 'log' (and then delete in horror) a typical day of what you used to eat before you even began healthy eating and using MFP? Maybe even a year before you started? I always thought I ate very healthy but it wasn't until I did a little comparison that I realized how far I've come and how many better choices I am making. It actually makes me feel better because it is so clear that there is progress!

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I did it when I first started. I didn't try to reduce my intake, I just wrote down what I ate then logged it at the end of the day. Seeing I had 1900 something calories in nuts alone and slightly over half a cup of olive oil in one day was eye opening.. I didn't even have anything that you would conventionally call "junk food". My portion of rice was 4 times what would be considered a portion. Scary...
  • megann120
    megann120 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I had that with my first snack that I logged, pumpkin seeds. I happily scanned and logged the packet snd then deleted, measure 25 g, cried a little and then slowly savoured every little seed...
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    From day 1, I just told MFP to give me what it thought I should eat to maintain and just logged for 7 days. I did not eat too bad.. but it was not great..

Once I set up the calorie goal to loose weight... reality hit, but not till 3 months later when weight would not come off and I did not use a food a scale. Now that was the ALARMING part of the entire process.. :D
  • BerggrenAdele
    BerggrenAdele Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My biggest eye opener was my daily "healthy salad". Turned out to be an 800 calorie butt bomb. 1/4 olive oil, a whole avocado and about a 1/2 cup of sun flower seeds in addition to the greens and other veggies. Couldn't believe it.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have done that out of curiousity
  • fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I found nutrition facts on things I'd eaten at restaurants in the past while looking up the healthier options. There were many times where I found out that a previous meal was double my calories for the day in one sitting, between the soda, a burger and fries, and a slice of pie at the end. All I can say when I see that is, no wonder i'm *kitten* fat! lol