How many others left weight watchers after trying Smart Points

Options
HHEHEA
HHEHEA Posts: 17 Member
I can at least say I tried. I tried for over 6 months. I cant be on a plan that is so unforgiving for snacks. If I dont have all the foods I enjoy I will never succeed. I liked the points plus more and tried to go back to that, but there are no android friendly apps that I like.. I tried the Value Diary and just dont like it. I'm back to counting calories.... it was so much easier this morning counting the calories of what i ate for breakfast then trying to figure out the points
I will never give up.

Replies

• cheyennemackenzie13
    cheyennemackenzie13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also left weight watchers for the same reason. Counting calories makes me feel like I'm getting more anyway, especially when I do my workouts. Keep going strong!
  • taylax91
    taylax91 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I used to do weight watchers when I first started a couple years ago, and recently tried it again just this past October before it changed over to Smart points. I can't speak on which one is better, but I definitely lost more weight doing MFP than I ever did on weight watchers. It's easier for me to count calories than it was for me to count points and on here I can keep track of my macros.
  • BeckyGold1
    BeckyGold1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hated Smart Points. I too tried it for a couple of months. I get what they are trying to accomplish, I really do. They don't want us to eat 3 very healthy, low points meals just so we can pig out on junk at the end of the day and still be able to stay under our points. I get it. But as someone who doesn't eat a lot of meat and gets protein from alternative sources like greek yogurt, I was always hungry and had a very hard time staying within my points. It was just not a good fit for me.
  • SuzMar17
    SuzMar17 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Funny I just left and wanting to start here....
  • mommahags
    mommahags Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I left too. I was irritated with the way they introduced the new plan, and then didn't like the plan itself. I did pretty well on points plus, but smart points wasn't sustainable for me.
  • CHRISTISAM2001
    CHRISTISAM2001 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I still do the weight watchers before the points plus. I feel it is more accurate with the calories I keep up with on here.
  • Eresally
    Eresally Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I hated the new program. I preferred the propoints. Too restrictive.
  • ptipton520
    ptipton520 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I first did WW back in the 70's and I lost 50 pounds - looked great & felt great. That was the old original program - pretty restrictive and not a lot of choices. Since then I've tried WW two more times - early 2000's and again in 2013. I wasn't successful at all with the newer versions. I really don't think they are structured enough. After all if I could choose better I wouldn't be in the shape I am.
  • nisilap
    nisilap Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I tried to go back to WW because I had been successful 25 years ago but all of their meals, snacks and gimmicky foods are made up of chemicals and additives! I am not willing to put all of that garbage in my body anymore. Convenience is not worth a million chemicals at every meal. I do better if I take the time to think out and plan my meal as opposed to throwing in a quick microwave meal. Long term maintenance became a joke when they continued to change the plan over the years. This is so much better for real long term eating!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Their new focus is on saturated fat. Before, snacks that would only be a few points have now tripled in points - or at least seemingly.
    They no longer count fiber into their points equation either.

One of the leaders said the focus was more on saturated fats and lean protein - that having lean protein (instead of fiber) would help the points totals stay low, and low to no saturated fat.

I still go to the meetings for weigh-in accountability and for support - but as far as counting points - it's too crazy for me now. I was losing weight with the way the points used to be added up, and now, it seems like one "mis-step" and I'm 10 points over my daily allotment.

I just use MFP for logging my food. Between that and Fitbit - that shows calories in vs. calories out, and it's been working for me.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    The new program didn't not work at all for me. I get the emphasis on eating whole foods and that's great but a girl needs a treat occasionally. And some healthy stuff was too high points too. I list 40lbs a few years back on WW but then life got hectic and I gained it back but this new smart points I didn't lose a thing in the several months I did it.
  • realt92
    realt92 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had originally lost 20 pounds with WW points plus, but gained it all back after returning to unhealthy eating habits. It tried smart points but found it to be too restrictive and very difficult to follow. So far I am much happier just counting calories and watching my nutrient intake with MFP.