Ben & Jerry's vs Häagen-Dazs

Options
13»

Replies

• JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Haagen Dazs in Japan is the best you're going to get. The Japan-only flavored like mochi kinako and sweet potato are amazing. Peach was average.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I first got turned onto Haagen Dazs in 1967, when there were only three flavors: vanilla, chocolate and coffee. It was really good quality stuff back then, no corn syrup, just milk, cream, eggs, sugar, etc. I suspect that as the company grew and got bought out and corporatized, the quality has suffered, as it usually does when trying to maximize profits.
    These days I don't often eat ice cream, but when I do, I prefer Talenti gelato. Their Sea Salt Caramel is as good as sex (as one who has had a long and varied life, I can say this). They make a caramel apple pie that's pretty amazing, and their black cherry is second to none.
    Just my take on this...

https://www.haagendazs.us/products/2455/ice-cream/coffee/

ingredients: cream, skim milk, sugar, egg yolks, coffee

The ingredients may be in order, but they pump way too much air into it. It melts the second it hits the tongue. B&J's sticks around a while.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerrys all the way. They used to have this flavor with chocolate covered potato chips in it...it was amazing.

Though I do enjoy some Artic Zero too.
  • meredithgir199
    meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I don't discriminate...all ice cream is gold in my book. Just had the Haagen-Daz white chocolate raspberry the other day and OMG! <3