So upon reading sexypants

Options
Carriehelene
Carriehelene Posts: 178 Member
edited August 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I bit the bullet and measured. Here it is. Anyplace else I should measure ( except neck?)
8/12/16 weight 153 lbs
Waist 33"
Navel 35 1/2"
Chest under boobs 32 1/2"
Chest around boobs 40"
Chest at armpits 36 1/2"
Bicep out left 11 1/4"
Bicep out right 12 1/4"
Forearm left 9 3/4"
Forearm right 10 1/4"
Hips 39 1/2"
Bum 40"
Thigh right 23 1/4"
Thigh left 23 1/4"
Calf left 15"
Calf right 14 1/2"

Replies

• Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I would add your calves too.
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Wrists. Seriously, mine slim down a lot!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    I'd consider doing both upper arm & lower arm, if I were gonna get that detailed.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Neck
    Forearm
    Bicep
    Shoulders
  • Carriehelene
    Carriehelene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Awesome suggestions! Edited to add measurements. Except wrists. Mine are all bone, no fat on them at all! Almost wish there was since they look "mannish" to me lol.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    (I'm almost afraid to ask...) What's sexypants?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »

It's the name of one of the MFP stickyposts. Guide to sexypants or something like that. Check the links at the top of this forum.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
    I generally think that people put emphasis on things that either don't matter at all, or only matter a small amount, while ignoring the things that matter a great deal.

Overview of what I think is important:

1) Eat the appropriate caloric (and macronutrient) intake for your goals and track intake accurately. I think eating mostly nutrient dense and whole foods while still allowing some "treats" is a reasonable starting point/guideline.
    2) Exercise regularly. Do something you enjoy or at worst case choose the least objectionable activity. Ideally you should include some form of resistance based training as a part of your program.
    3) Get adequate rest/sleep.
    4) Establish metrics and use them appropriately.
    5) Repeat.

And do NOT complicate things worrying about minutia.
    The vast majority of you should be able to stick to the above and make very good progress. Will other things matter at some point? Possibly, but the above will get you very far.

I'm going into some details here and when I make generalizations please realize that I'm well aware of the idea of applying context and unfortunately it's difficult to generalize and apply context at the same time. So treat the generalizations as such. . . .
    . . . .

. . . . . . . .
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I have to tell you that a couple of years ago, I followed heavy lifting and eating about 1700 cals a day... I dropped weight like crazy... Sadly, things happened medically and I had to stop everything.. Literally.

It has been 2 years since I have been able to do anything again and I am glad to do this all over!! It WILL work and be amazing.. My only sideline now is that I can't do heavy lifting so I am opting for extreme bodyweight training :)
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Thanks @RodaRose and @lorrpb!

Excellent post! Worth the read :):):)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I have to tell you that a couple of years ago, I followed heavy lifting and eating about 1700 cals a day... I dropped weight like crazy... Sadly, things happened medically and I had to stop everything.. Literally.

It has been 2 years since I have been able to do anything again and I am glad to do this all over!! It WILL work and be amazing.. My only sideline now is that I can't do heavy lifting so I am opting for extreme bodyweight training :)

Body weight is good. It does not have to be extreme. Follow or design a good progressive routine.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Well by extreme I meant it is extreme for me right now, but being prior Army bodyweight exercises are easy for me to adjust to, hopefully one day I can do other things but for now I will be happy with this :)