Calorie Counter for 30Day Shred

Options
What exercise activity should I put in for doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred? Thanks!

Replies

• darcyrobillard
    Options
    I use circuit training for all Jillians exercises
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I put it down at circuit training- general :)
  • kylies1219
    kylies1219 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I put in 18 minutes of calisthenics but the most accurate way to do it is with a hr monitor (which I hope I'm getting today for my birthday :)
  • grrlshannon
    Options
    I was just wondering the same thing yesterday...best thing I came up with was 15 min of jumping jacks , 6 min of bicep curls, and 3 min of crunches...
  • bris3jbt
    bris3jbt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! I hope you get your heart monitor.
  • ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Was wondering the same. Thanks for all the input, i'll be using circuit training now instead of aerobics.
  • ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Was wondering the same. Thanks for all the input, i'll be using circuit training now instead of aerobics.
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I always put it as 20 min of circuit training
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    No idea what circuit training says. For me, level 1 of 30DS of a 20 year old female with 5"3', 140 pounds burns me about 150 calories with the warm up and cool down included. Avarage herat rate of 150.

Maybe it helps some.. maybe not ^^
  • megrrt
    megrrt Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i first put it under circuit training...then i got a HRM...just a simple one from target with a chest strap ($60) and it was a little lower than what MFP gave me. I love my HRM. (New Balance)
  • bris3jbt
    bris3jbt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was using aerobics also but the calories it said I burned seemed too low. I will start using circuit traing. Thanks everyone!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    i first put it under circuit training...then i got a HRM...just a simple one from target with a chest strap ($60) and it was a little lower than what MFP gave me. I love my HRM. (New Balance)

It is lower, but more accurate, so I always go by what my HRM says I burned. Even though it is tempting to go with the higher burn count!! lol
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I weigh 132 and I usually burn between 150 and 200. I use a HRM with chest strap. thats the best way to get an accurate calorie count.. MFPs numbers are a lot higher then that.
  • kylies1219
    kylies1219 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! I hope you get your heart monitor.

Thank You! And I did get it!!! :happy: And it turns out I burn 366 calories doing level 2 of 30 DS (not just 144) :)