86 Lbs to lose, looking for some supportive fitness friends on the same journey.

Options
Hi, as the title says I'm looking for some other girls that are on the same journey as I am.

About a year and a half a go I started using MFP and adopted a healthy lifestyle and diet and I did really good for a while. I think I lost plus-minus 45 lbs. But some personal things in my life happend and it all went down south and I quit using MFP and within a year I regained all that weight and even more! =(

It was due AD medication I was using and also just a very unhealthy lifestyle where I would barely eat for weeks and then lose a lot of weight but then after a while my appetite came back and I started binge eating and all that and gained it back extra fast. A lot of water weight but also fat..

Now I quit those horrible meds (and tapering off my diazepam) and also drinking alcohol and other stuff about 22 days ago now (only addiction I still have to conquer is smoking cigarettes) , I lost about 20 lbs! Mostly waterweight but it's crazy still. I devasted my body over the past 7 or 8 months so I had to carefully taper into dieting and cardio again so I wouldn't get injured or run myself down. I'm a go-getter and I like to see results fast and thought about doing a keto diet or juice fast again but I have to think about my health and I think it would be too soon to do keto right now, so I'll have to try to stay patient and do it the normal, healthy way.

Anyway I have been eating again like I used to when I was losing weight and now since this week I do cardio about 45 mins a day again and maintain a 1450 calories diet. And I'm doing good! I feel great, much more energy and eating healthy and lean just makes physical and mental issues much less for me. I'm less anxious and jittery and less depressed, especially excercising it helps tremedously.

Of course for me the weightloss is very important, I'm super self conscious and been overweight since I was little basically, it makes me insecure and feel ''less''..
But the most important reason still is to have less mental issues and feel fitter physically. The weight loss is just a big bonus. I really need routine in my life otherwise I fall back and relapse into doing the bad things..

Now, I made a new MFP because I wanted a fresh start and my few old MFP friends probably forgot about me by now lol. And I kinda wanted to just keep it private to be honest, but I have 86 lbs to lose and doing this all by myself, I don't know if I can maintain this all alone! O.O Just having other people on my friendlist that are also dedicated to being healthy and losing weight and seeing other's succes and workouts, diaries etc would help me. Receiving and offering support you know, some camaraderie can give me that extra determination to stay on track.

So feel free to add me!

Warm regards,
Manasa

Replies

• calomeni85
    calomeni85 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good for you and welcome back! This is my second time around as well. It's never too late. I'm happy to help! :)
  • Frostygirl2790
    Frostygirl2790 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, this is my third and final journey for a healthy me. Can't do it alone that's for sure.