I'm hungry its 12:40am what can I eat this late and not gain

Options
Ive been gaining soo much weight lately..and im starving to eat something so what should i eat light at 12:439am that won't make me weigh more when i weigh myself in the morning..i plan on working out later on today at like 7pm or so for 30 mins doing jillians 30day shred workout from on demand. the 2 weeks new you level one.

Replies

• ryiko
    ryiko Posts: 76
    Options
    Ive been gaining soo much weight lately..and im starving to eat something so what should i eat light at 12:439am that won't make me weigh more when i weigh myself in the morning..i plan on working out later on today at like 7pm or so for 30 mins doing jillians 30day shred workout from on demand. the 2 weeks new you level one.
  • xenanoo
    xenanoo Posts: 69
    Options
    I don't know... but im guessing anything you eat will probably just make you hungrier. *hugs* If it were me i'd probably drink a glass of water and go back to bed... but im really new at this, so hopefully someone else will have better advice. *hugs*
  • tiliquinones
    Options
    I would also advise you to drink a glass of water. Or don't even go into the kitchen, get a book or a magazine and get your mind off of food. :smile:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    I agree with the others a glass of very cold water works. At least for me. :drinker:
  • metalpalace
    Options
    First, make sure you eat enough throughout the day, frequently enough and without over eating at any meal. If you need to put something in your belly late at night take the advice of everyone in this thread. Water!
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I agree....WATER, or a cup of Sleepytime tea!!! Get a good night's rest. I've read that often people eat late into the evening because they aren't getting enough zzzzzzzzzzzz's.
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    i find warm milk really helps. it fills me up and the shot of protien gets me through the night. i dont go to bed starving, just a little hungry.
  • Laeci
    Laeci Posts: 12
    Options
    I second Sleepytime Tea! That stuff gets me through my evenings when I'm out of calories =P
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    I don't like trying to go to bed if I feel hungry...and sometimes, it's just my mind wanting to have that feel good snack! Yes, water can be very helpful, but if you can afford to spend a 150 calories on oatmeal...give that a try! Use Splena, or similar.., no milk (or at least skim milk!), don't over cook it and use plenty of water. It's hot enought that you eat slowly, which helps to trick your brain into thinking it's eating more...and the lightly cooked oats will digest slowly, leaving you with a full feeling. Don't use the instant oats! Good luck!
  • jade3554
    Options
    I also expirence this problem alot! Thank you for asking so I can read the insight. It sounds like h2o is the winner. :)
  • speckle
    speckle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be so worried about your weight for tomorrow morning. Its your overall health you should be concerned with, probably not your weight at a specific singular time. If you eat/exercise healthily, your overall weight should be going down anyway.

That being said, I really like oatmeal for late night random hunger. I like my oatmeal plain, so its only about 100 calories for a serving. Its warm (which is a plus in winter) and definitely filling.
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Skim milk is another good pick!
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be so worried about your weight for tomorrow morning. Its your overall health you should be concerned with, probably not your weight at a specific singular time. If you eat/exercise healthily, your overall weight should be going down anyway.

:drinker:
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal??? What a great idea!!! I'm sort-of on an oatmeal kick for breakfast these days...maybe I'll have some next time my Sleepytime Tea doesn't kick in! :wink:

Speaking of oatmeal...does anyone have a great oatmeal cookie recipe that's low in fat & calories?
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    another thing to keep in mind is the myth that people are supposed to go to bed hungry. alot of the "don't eat ate least 4 hours before bed" mubo jumo is just to help peole who do the majority of their snacking while sitting in front of the TV in the evenings. my doctor said, if i'm hungry, EAT! just make sure it is something that is calorie rich and healthy for the portion size, and also contains some protien.

good ideas:

- apple with peanut butter
    - skim milk
    - low fat cheese stick with crackers
    - piece of toast with some peanut butter or cheese
    -rice pudding with low sugar
    - homemade granola bar
    - peanut butter banana sandwich
    - 1/2 roasted chicken breast
    - 1/2 can of tuna

just some thoughts...