question on bloating/clothes fit

Hi, I've lost 83 lbs since starting my diet. I've gone from a 22 to squeezing into an 11. With the last 13 lbs I've lost, my pant size went up???? I now squeeze into a 13 with muffin top to spare. Why would my waist have gotten bigger? I've noticed this has been an issue for the last month. A month seems a long time to be bloated. Why could this be happening? Anything I can do to fix this? ive yo yo dieted a lot in the past and never had thos happen. Thanks!!

Replies

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    OK someone has to say it-might as well be me.

You are pregnant!

otherwise it is very unusual to increase waist size-(and I trust you are measuring it-and hips, breasts etc.) as well as tracking weight.

another cause could be difference in sizes between companies or even styles.
  • skinykriny
    skinykriny Posts: 5 Member
    Ha! Not a possibility for me, but good thought. At 193 I was comfortable in clothes that now I'm not at 180. Nothing else has changed for the worse, I am seeing improvements elsewhere. Just my waist is pudgier.
  • skinykriny
    I am comparing myself in the same wardrobe i had at 193 and now at 180 based on how they fit.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Have no idea. Try wearing women's sizes rather than juniors.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Not sure why this happens. Sometimes, my stomach looks pudgier even though my weight is pretty much the same. Sorry that you couldn't find the answer you were seeking. I know that must be frustrating.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    jemhh wrote: »

At 31 years old I'd question why you are still trying to squeeze into junior sizes. There's a reason they are named the way they are, after all. Women have more curves than teens. Try a size 10 or 12 and see if you don't find that those sizes don't fit you better overall.
  • skinykriny
    Thanks for the empathy. Im coming down with a stomach bug and hope that when its over so will the bloating.

• skinykriny
    My question was regarding bloating, not what dept I should shop in. I question why you feel the need to body shame when I'm asking for genuine insight. I've lost 83 lbs...I'll wear whatever clothes I like thank you.

And as I said I was comfortable in my wardrobe at a heavier weight, so my choice of clothes wasn't up for debate.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    SueInAz wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »

At 31 years old I'd question why you are still trying to squeeze into junior sizes. There's a reason they are named the way they are, after all. Women have more curves than teens. Try a size 10 or 12 and see if you don't find that those sizes don't fit you better overall.

Some prefer the fit and style of junior's clothing. There's nothing wrong with that. Not all of us adult women have curvey figures either.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I had trouble with bloating when I developed an imbalance in my gut microbiome (after antibiotics and another medical injury which resulted in me going on a diet that messed my gut up worse). So, maybe something to look into. Personally, I had malabsorption. I needed to stop eating grains and fodmaps and starches (temporary) and eat fermented foods like kefir and sauerkraut. But, my situation was more extreme. You could try adding kefir or something. Maybe track your symptoms in relation to your diet.