anyone else traning for a marathon! half or full? ADD ME let

Options
My marathon is Oct. 9th 2011 - I'll be up to 7 miles this Sunday! This is my 2nd time doing this same marathon. I gotta beat my time! 4:39:06

If you have any tips or tricks please share! thanks for your time!

“I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.”

Replies

• DanniR88xx
    DanniR88xx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i'm training for a half marathon - doing the great north run in September. I'm up to about 6 miles and need to start increasing my distance finding it hard to push past that barrier tho!
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I am training to run the Las Vegas Rock n Roll Half Marathon first weekend in December -- my second time running it as well. Sending a friend request! ♥
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Disney Princess Half Marathon in Feb. Add me!
  • aabyrer
    aabyrer Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm signed up for a half marathon on October 9 also!! Start training next week...it will be my 3rd time doing it and I'm trying to get down to 2:30...
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    I'm running my first marathon at the end of October in Detroit! I'm up to 13.3 miles and I ran 8 this morning! :)
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    I am running my first full in November after running three halfs. let me just say.....that is a great time for your first full!!! my goal is just to be under 5 hours. ran all 3 of my halfs at around 2:15. so, hopefully I can do it! friend request to follow!!
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    hey there! i am also training for a full (my first) which is the STL RNR... and I am doing my third half in November. :-) my best half was 2:05... so I am pretty proud of that. i have NO clue what to expect for my full... just want to set a baseline. :)
  • feisma
    feisma Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    First full is at the end of this month (yikes!)...done two half marathons so far....Add me! :smile:
  • Dragonfly1996
    Dragonfly1996 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi I am running my 2nd half marathon in November in Norwich. Haven't started specific training yet again but will be next month. I did a 10k last month so I am about halfway!!!. I have lost 20lb this year but have another 8 to go which I am hoping to have reached by the time I start training again so I can eat more!!! Can't do everything at once!!! I ran the Great North Run last September which was a fantastic experience & the crowd were great - really helped!! Am a bit nervous about running another as I now have a time to beat (2hr 48min) & aiming for 2.5 hrs or under. My goal would be to run a marathon in the next 5 years sometime. Would be good to talk to people in the same boat so will send u a request!! :flowerforyou:
  • PirateJenny
    PirateJenny Posts: 233
    Options
    I am training for a half to celebrate my 40th birthday in August.

I have gotten up to 9 miles in a session and need to start pushing to a (comfortable) ten this week. I ran 7 yesterday and have another long run planned for Friday (today is strength).

Just to warn, I am dead slow and just want to finish without injury. I usually sustain at about 6.5mph when I am going distance, so I am not breaking any records, and I think it will dip lower over the course of 13 miles.

Please feel free to add, I am happy to offer support and encouragement.
  • katemaryberry
    katemaryberry Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start training for my first half in a couple of weeks! I completed a 10K at the end of May. Add me as a friend!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my 23rd marathon at the end of the month.

Here are my top three tips for a successful marathon:

1) don't go out too fast
    2) don't go out too fast
    3) don't go out too fast
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am training for my first 1/2 marathon. It is Nov 20. I am just a few weeks into training and working hard to be ready!! I don't really have an expectation of a time. My goal is to finish without walking...
  • hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my 23rd marathon at the end of the month.

Here are my top three tips for a successful marathon:

1) don't go out too fast
    2) don't go out too fast
    3) don't go out too fast
    Agree with the above and also don't go too fast in training.
    I did a mini ultra (30 miles ) on sat and a marathon on Sunday. Another mini ultra on sunday coming then my 60th marathon/ ultra is at the end of July in Switzerland - 78km, a fab event but have spent a lot of time this year injured so feeling under trained