Nuts nuts nuts. Should I be eating them?

Options
I'm 3 weeks into my weight loss journey I've lost around 6kg and still have 13 to go. I've been having nuts as a snack throughout the day 20g in morning and 20g in afternoon. I was wondering if nuts are good for weight loss, as they have a lot of poly and mono saturated fats!
Also can anyone suggest a good alternative snack that is fulfilling, nutritious, and low in Calories that I could maybe substitute for one or both of my servings of nuts. Thanks

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Do you like them? Do they fit into your calorie and nutrition goals for the day? Do you feel good after eating them? If the answer to all three is "yes" then it sounds great. If the answer to any of them is "no" then you might consider eating something else.

Some of my go-to snacks are: string cheese, wasabi peas, fudge pops, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, hummus & veggies, protein bars, Greek yogurt, beef or turkey jerky, popcorn, apples & peanut butter, fruit
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Nothing is good for weight loss. You lose weight by having a sustained calorie deficit. Nuts are nutritious and delicious. Eat anything you like that fits your calories and YOU find fulfilling.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Nuts are a great snack..I'm a big fan too! I eat pecans and/or almonds nearly every single day with my breakfast. As long as they fit into your calorie goal, it will not affect your weight loss.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    So long as you don't consume more calories than you burn, nuts are fab. You're clearly losing weight (though probably too fast) So CICO obviously isn't a problem.

Mostly, because they take an age to eat and don't leave you wanting to continue to stuff your face like chocolate or toast. Given your current loss, eat more nuts.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    DEEZ
  • matthewterry966
    matthewterry966 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do you like them? Yes
    Do they fit into your calorie and nutrition goals for the day? Yes
    Do you feel good after eating them? Yes, but they don't always satisfy my cravings.

Some of my go-to snacks are: string cheese, wasabi peas, fudge pops, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, hummus & veggies, protein bars, Greek yogurt, beef or turkey jerky, popcorn, apples & peanut butter, fruit

I like your list of "go-to snacks", i like nuts for there convenience as I can have them in my pocket at work and snack as I need them and I don't have access to a fridge.
    I've thought about protein bars, however I'm a little cautious about eating them because I'm not 100% sure what is in them and they always seam very high in calories...