Keeping insulin cold en route to Paris and around France on a tour bus

Options
Flying from Baltimore to Paris soon and need an "cooling kit" to transport my insulin to Paris and around France on my guided tour bus. I already asked the company and they said that they have a cooler. I plan to ask the flight crew if I can keep it in their refrigerator, in the hotel's freezer, and obviously in the bus' cooler.

Any ideas? Some just require you to wet a cloth, others require you to freeze an insert. Questions? Ideas? Recommendations?

And I already looked it up. Wine doesn't have carbs, but pastry and french bread do! Darn! I could skip the wine more easily. I am disciplining myself to keep up my 6 mile daily walks.

Replies

• motherall
    motherall Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What insulin do you use? Mine only has to be refrigerated until I start the vial. If you check Dlife or just google diabetic supplies...I know there is a packet that you crack that refrigerates a kit or vial. This one is water activated...Poucho Diabetes Cooler Carry Case Double Pen Blue. Have a great time.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I take Bydureon which helps my body produce insulin. I said that I needed protection for my insulin because people know what that is. Thanks so much for you suggestion. I looked it up and found what I had found a month or so back. From the Amazon reviews, I even discovered that my needles are large and I need to purchase the extra large package.

How can I NOT have a great time? This is my 3rd trip to France. Next year I'm going on the Luther tour of Germany from Berlin to Nerenbrug to Muchicah for the 500th anniversary of the reformation. I get to see when the church fathers walked, thought and wrote and to see where Albert Duhrer painted the praying hands. How can I go wrong?
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Motherall, what an interesting name! I read about your balance problems. Consider Tai Chi, a yoga-martial art that helps you achieve better balance. Much health to you!