Carb day on low carb diet

Options
For the last 2 weeks I have been doing 20 grams of carbs a day. On my 'cheat' day should or can I eat carbs let's say fries or a potato, rice and etc?

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    If you've only been running keto for two weeks, you don't need a cheat day, period. Plenty of people maintain a permanent ketogenic state (I've been running one for months), so there really isn't a need for one at all, unless you are running a very intense training regimen that requires large quantities of explosive motions.
  • Stingersquad1981
    Stingersquad1981 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If you've only been running keto for two weeks, you don't need a cheat day, period. Plenty of people maintain a permanent ketogenic state (I've been running one for months), so there really isn't a need for one at all, unless you are running a very intense training regimen that requires large quantities of explosive motions.

So can I have a day where I just eat a fatter meat such as a ribeye and some sausage, still lo carb but larger amount of fat
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Keto is higher fat all of the time. Just to give you an example, my macros tend to run sub-20g net carbs, 180+g fat, and around 120-135g protein. The general rule for what you are doing is sub-20g carbs, 0.6-1g/lbs. of lean body mass for protein, and all of the rest of your kcals (however many it may be to fill out your daily requirement) from fat.