20 & dying to be fit

Options
After countless attempts at losing weight and becoming fit, I've finally understood that this isn't that easy for me. I'd start and quit time after time. It's so frustrating because I'm getting older and find myself disappointed with the route I chose to take as far as my health. An accountability partner would be great and just someone who gets where I'm coming from to talk to and just help with my journey. Obviously if be that vice versa. Anyways I'm Sara & 269 lbs as of today. Looking to get to at least 200 before the year ends. If more that'd be even awesome.

Replies

• sxymom99
    sxymom99 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey! It's got to be a lifestyle not a diet. I would love to help encourage you! I do t25/p90x3 and I am in the best shape of my life. Way better than even as a teanager. And I have 5 young kids. I refuse to diet too. It's more about moderation with food.
  • Sarafina067
    Sarafina067 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey sxymom99 I'd really love and appreciate your help if you're serious.
  • Rebekah_89
    Rebekah_89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey Sara! I know it gets frustrating when you eat healthy and exercise for a little while, and don't see much improvement with your body/weight. Trust, it has to be a lifestyle change. Change your mentality. Say, I want to eat healthy PERIOD!!! Start by eliminating bad drinks and drink water. Eat salads with chicken in it, and gradually improve that way. And start by walking 30-45 min a day outside ( I love the outside, when it's not hot lol). Over time, you'll see the weight come off.

You always hear, IT'S NOT EASY TO LOSE WEIGHT. But when you do, the struggle was worth it.
  • nikkitimkitembo89
    nikkitimkitembo89 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have been in the same boat and actively trying to lose weight since I was 14 I'm 27 now and the biggest I have ever been and I think a lot of it has to do yo-yo dieting, Fad diets and weight loss pills etc. I'm just starting to learn that to truly be successful at weight-loss means you have to make a permanent life style change and do your own Research to find out what works best for you something I wish somebody told me 10 years ago when I was just chunky and not obese for the fact that because of the bad cycle I was in for every 10lbs I lost I would gain it all back plus 10 more until I wound up here and unfortunately I feel like the industries pushing all this crap know it doesn't work but also know that you will keep coming back and if they gave you proper tools you'd only be a one time customer