HELP please!

Options
I had dropped down to 212 from 214 an I was 260 about 6 months ago
During my weight gain I was so depressed I hated myself well I lost the weight an was losing
What do I do to keep it off? Seems like even if I eat right I gain weight
An yes the depression is still there when I see the scale going back up

Replies

• AriaLace
    AriaLace Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    To keep it off you have to continue with a healthy lifestyle. I got down to about 145 a year ago, let myself slip and I'm back to 170 now. I stopped logging my food and making mindful healthy choices and got lazy with exercise so of course the weight came back. When you reach a weight in which you are happy with set your calorie limit to maintain and keep exercising and logging.

In relation to the depression you should speak to your doctor about this. I found that exercising regularly really helped my depression, but mine was mostly because of various hormonal imbalances so it comes and goes as my hormones fluctuate. But frequent exercise did make a big impact, in a good way!
  • amwoods72
    amwoods72 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. Eat less and move more. That seems to be working for me. Weight is coming off slow, but I have always been told if you lose it slowly, it's more likely to stay off :) Good luck and DON'T GIVE UP!!!
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Exercise helps combat depression. Have you considered therapy to address the depression?
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit is what creates weightloss. It’s that simple.

There are several different eating styles that may help in sustaining that calorie deficit: IIFYM/Flexible Dieting, Low Carb, Clean Eating, etc. I’d recomend IIFYM/Flexable Dieting (as it’s the easiest I’ve found). Google them and see which seems good to you.

Regardless of the eating style, it’s the calories that make the biggest impact. To make sure you know how many calories you are eating, use a digital food scale. This will give you the “Calories In” part of the “Calories In vs Calories Out” equation that determines weightloss. Calories Out is determined by exercise. Exercise contributes to overall health and body composition, but isn’t required for weightloss. Only a calorie deficit is rewuired to lose weight. It doesn't matter if you're "eating right" if you're eating more calories than your body needs, you will gain weight.