looking for transgender and nonbinary friends

Options
Hi, I've been on the site on and off for a few years but never tried the social aspect of it before so I thought I'd give it a try.

-FtM transgender, nonbinary/genderqueer, they/them/their pronouns
-5'6"
-highest weight 160
-current weight 155.5
-goal weight 135
-sedentary with a terrible diet
-learning how to cook for real, trying to get back in the habit of going on daily walks

I've been heavier but my gut looks bigger than ever before - I stopped working out and traded muscle for flab. I'm post top surgery, hysterectomy/oophorectomy, and 3 years on testosterone. Hoping to find friends with similarly bizarro bodies. Fellow FtMs feel free to shoot me transition related questions.

Replies

• IronMagnus
    IronMagnus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    *waves*
    AMAB nonbinary beard bearer here!
  • tkirya
    tkirya Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think its sad you are looking for certain kinds of friends ..... Isnt the whole purpose of having friends acceptance and love?
    I would be friends with anyone who accepted me as i am, and the feeling would be mutual.
    Just a thought, trying not to be negative.
    I hope you achieve your weight goals, its been a long road of ups and downs for me.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Not nonbinary, just wishing you the best!
  • nikkitimkitembo89
    nikkitimkitembo89 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I got it and I don't think you are out of line either I have been adding and seeking people who I can relate with more in my weight loss journey as well. Not to say I would not add anyone because they didnt share a similar body type, age and gender as mine and I'm sure you feel the same but I'm actively seeking others that do
  • louieleeds
    louieleeds Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, ftm Trans guy here. Looking to lose some weight and would love some friends along the journey :)
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Totally ok to have a desire to connect with people who you relate to for whatever reason. Good luck on your journey to a healthier more fit lifestyle!
  • palelife
    palelife Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I feel the same, in terms of wanting to build a community.
    I'm trans (ftm) and am working on my poor health while trying to build muscle. I haven't undergone surgery but I'm trying to find a way to start hormone therapy.
  • JenuineMalice
    JenuineMalice Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not transgender, but I think it's great that you are transitioning toward your ideal self, in more ways than one! One tip from a nurse practitioner student: to anyone considering hormonal therapy, DON'T SMOKE!! Best wishes for your journey to health.
  • GhostGirlE
    GhostGirlE Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Not even sure what that is. Lol binary thought was number related. Either way, EVERYONE here is supportive regardless of sexual preferences, self identity, etc. We all hope you do well and hit your goal weight!
  • PalominoMorgan
    PalominoMorgan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    FTM here. Pre everything. Gotta lose weight for surgery. Add me if you want.