Ua band/record question

Options
I just got my UA Band yesterday and did my first gym workout with it. I did weightlifting and 20 minutes cardio. So I turn on the ua band feature that measures your workout and it recorded the workout: 55 minutes and burned ~675 calories. I'm just wondering how accurate the calories burned reading is? I'm a bigger guy weight wise, 5'11" weigh 239 pounds. BF over 30%.

I just don't want to eat back more calories than I should.

TL:DR
Is the calories burned based on your UA Band during a workout accurate?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• reineke1992
    reineke1992 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Don't have a UA Band, but use UA Record with a generic HR monitor. IME, UA Record is the most generous in giving out calories of any fitness app I've used. For me, its hugely overestimated, particularly the "full body" workouts. Even walking gives ~15% more than MFP and that's w/ GPS and motion tracking.

I'd suggest comparing UA Band calories with calorie calculators online and go from there. Weightlifting is difficult to estimate calories for and doesn't actually burn much. For 35min weightlifting and 20min cardio, 675 cals seems like a lot.
  • reineke1992
    reineke1992 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    lemmie177 wrote: »
    Don't have a UA Band, but use UA Record with a generic HR monitor. IME, UA Record is the most generous in giving out calories of any fitness app I've used. For me, its hugely overestimated, particularly the "full body" workouts. Even walking gives ~15% more than MFP and that's w/ GPS and motion tracking.

I'd suggest comparing UA Band calories with calorie calculators online and go from there. Weightlifting is difficult to estimate calories for and doesn't actually burn much. For 35min weightlifting and 20min cardio, 675 cals seems like a lot.

See I thought it seemed like a lot as well but wasn't sure because I know my body was being pushed rather hard. I just don't want to eat back too many calories. I guess that is why people say to only eat back 50-75% MAX of your exercise calories.