Steps Counter & Calories

Options
I am new to my fitness pal, I have set my daily calorie intake and somehow when using steps count my calories goes up aswell. Do I need to retake all the calories back from food or just ignore it.

Replies

• babypunkprincess
    babypunkprincess Posts: 109 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Mfp is set up to not include exercise. So as u walk it calculates how many calories u burn and adds that to how many calories are left to eat. I am on a 1500 calorie diet and with my fitbit steps I'll burn 300-500 a day, I'll eat back only half tho because I don't weigh my food I just pretty much estimate and don't want to over eat. I lost 8.6 pounds in little over a month doing this
  • stephenhopkins2
    stephenhopkins2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I try to ignore any exercise calories i have as im afraid that it wont be accurate and ill end up over eating, so i just stick to my normal allowance and think of exercise as a bonus.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Did you use MFP to work out how many calories you should be eating each day?

If so, then you should eat more when you exercise. You don't have to eat every one of them, but eating at least some of them will help keep you healthy and full of energy as you lose weight.

If you used another way to calculate your calories, then you probably don't want to eat extra when you exercise. Most other sites already calories from exercise, whereas MFP doesn't.