Ideal macro levels for weightloss

Options
Hi all,

There is so much info online with differing suggestions, so thought I'd ask here too.

What do people feel are the best macro ratios for a female for weight loss (about 20lb of fat to lose) when combined with a moderate cardio and 5day/per week weight lifting routine?

Replies

• DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    There is no formula - there is only 'average' and guessing and anecdotal evidence of a particular idea. The reason is simple: You are you. You are not whomever-else did it. Perhaps your body requires or needs difference things because of your unique biology. The 'average' person loses x-amount of weight following x-plan doesnt work, in part, because stats wise, 'the average' almost NEVER happens in a group.

I say that no to discourage but to free you from ever feeling "I did what I was suppose to! Why isn't that working??".
  • shellz87
    shellz87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    http://flexible-diet.co.uk/ great tool for calculating macros for weightloss
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    hammomh wrote: »
    There is so much info online with differing suggestions, so thought I'd ask here too.

What do people feel are the best macro ratios for a female for weight loss (about 20lb of fat to lose) when combined with a moderate cardio and 5day/per week weight lifting routine?
    There is so much conflicting information because there are no macros for weight loss, and no special macros for females. You need a calorie deficit for weight loss, and enough protein to preserve muscle, sufficient nutrition to feel full, and food you like to feel good. Set weekly weight loss rate to the amount closest to 1% of your current weight. Log your food and aim to hit those calories every day. Set protein to the percentage closest to 0.8 grams per pound of your body weight at a healthy BMI. Set fat to half that amount. Fill in the rest with carbs to get 100%. Regard fat and protein as minimum goals.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    hammomh wrote: »
    Hi all,

With that much activity, I would put protein quite high. Normal suggestion is 0.8-1.2g/lb, fats around 0.4g/lb and then carbs the remainder. Of course, it's whatever you are happy with and will require some experimentation.