Weight not budging?

Options
Hey guys, I've been working out and eating right for the past 2 months, and not a SINGLE pound has dropped for me. Weirdly I have lost 5 inches around my waist and 2 around my stomach and I just don't see how I can lose that many with no weight change. I am 20 years old, 5'3 and weigh 169lbs. I have been doing alternating days of 30 mins biking (Burning around 300 calories) and then the next day id do 30 mins Pilates then next day biking etc. Is it because I am not eating enough that the pounds aren't dropping? I know the scale doesn't really matter due to the fact that i'm still losing a few inches, but its been two months of no weight loss and I really do want to get down in weight this summer.

Replies

• staceyearp1996
    staceyearp1996 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I forgot to say MFP has me on 1300 calories a day.
  • andrewg0604
    andrewg0604 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I too feel like this, like no matter how little food i consume I still have belly fat :(
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    How accurate is your logging? Are you weighing all your food, measuring drinks which contain calories? If you have lost inches then your exercise regime is working to build muscle and burn fat - before I went onto maintenance I had a couple of months where the scale went up but the inches continued to go down. Sounds obvious, but have you tried using someone else's scale?
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    If you're doing what you say you're doing with exercise and you're eating 1300 a day then you should be losing weight. Either you haven't weighed and logged food correctly which means you're eating more than you think, or your scales aren't accurate. Try changing the batteries. Eating too little doesn't halt weight loss. If you have a calorie deficit you should lose weight no matter how big the deficit is.
    Also when you say you haven't lost anything does this mean nothing at all, not even say half a pound. I ask as a lot of people say they're not losing weight, but when questioned about it they say they've lost 1 or 2 pounds and just expected to lose more.
  • pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
  • beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You could try intermittent fasting. I was eating 1200 calories a day and it simply stopped working after close to 100 pounds of weight loss. I recently began intermittent fasting and it seems to be working. Too early to tell for sure, but doesn't hurt to look in to it.
  • Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You could try intermittent fasting. I was eating 1200 calories a day and it simply stopped working after close to 100 pounds of weight loss. I recently began intermittent fasting and it seems to be working. Too early to tell for sure, but doesn't hurt to look in to it.
    At the end of a conventional diet people often have to drop their calorie intake. Weight loss is proportionate to your current weight.
    But if you are at the beginning of a diet and you don't lose weight for two months then you need to reduce your calorie intake. You are either not counting accurately enough, or you are too thin to lose weight. (You don't give us age, weight etc)
    Exercise will tone your muscles, but you need to cut calories in order to lose weight. (Exercise will up your calorie allowance a bit). It sounds as if you are doing too much. Will you really keep it up?
    I'd say re-boot and start again on something more balanced in all senses of the word.
    Good luck.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    You are losing inches which is far better an indicator of health than losing weight, don't fret the scale, keep up the awesome work!
  • sbubenchik
    sbubenchik Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Agreed on that last post. Inches over scale weight for sure! A great way to boost your fat burning is to do sprints and or burpees. Doing quick explosive movements with make your body melt the fat off. The other cardio is good and healthy, but not as efficient for fat burning. Explosive HIIT burns sugars during but burns fat for 12-24 hours after. Longer arobics and running burns fat only during and burns just sugars after. Add that plus take your weight multiplied by 10 or 12 and that will put you in a caloric deficit that will crush the fat.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Really? If you are losing inches why worry about weight?
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I have lost 5 inches around my waist and 2 around my stomach

Isn't the whole point to be SMALLER? You don't walk around with a big sign that tells the world the number that pops up on a scale. So what does it matter how much you weigh? Good gracious.

• brichards_
    brichards_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Try high carb low fat veganism it's great!
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    brichards_ wrote: »

You've added this to at least five threads in the past hour alone. What's your reasoning behind how going vegan will help the OP?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

it doesnt work for everyone. and some people have to watch their carbs due to health issues. you should not be suggesting this way of eating when you dont know a persons background or what health issues they may have. all that matters is CICO for the most part
  • brichards_
    Options

it doesnt work for everyone. and some people have to watch their carbs due to health issues. you should not be suggesting this way of eating when you dont know a persons background or what health issues they may have. all that matters is CICO for the most part
    I can suggest it, because she asked for suggestions. If it doesn't work for a person, I'm not gonna go find them and force them to be vegan. I feel like it would work for most people if they really tried, but I'm not here to judge, just saying the one thing that worked for me

• brichards_
    Options
    daniip_la wrote: »

You've added this to at least five threads in the past hour alone. What's your reasoning behind how going vegan will help the OP?
    it's literally changed my life and I really just want everyone to feel as good (mentally and physically) as I do. Sorry if I'm annoying. It's really not meant to be spam

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Inch loss is fantastic! that's what everyone sees and your clothes will fit better :smile:
    as others say if you are wanting to lose weight then you need to track your calorie intake more accurately, if you take in less than you burn you will lose weight.