Boot camp and food

TeraGC
TeraGC Posts: 40 Member
edited September 29 in Fitness and Exercise
I've just started a new boot camp style workout. I'm a little concerned about how I need to change my eating habits for the next four weeks. I have been tracking my calories and now that I've started this workout, I'm allowed more calories and I'm hungrier but I feel like I should be adding something specific to the plan... I don't want to just grub down on a cheeseburger. My goal is to continue losing weight, I've got 15 lbs to go until I'm at my goal but I am terribly out of shape. So the workout is aerobically REALLY difficult.

Replies

• pianoplt
    pianoplt Posts: 3
    you will be amazed how fast you will adapt stick with it .......results will happen fast good luck.....plenty of water and no night eating
  • gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    I've just started a new boot camp style workout. I'm a little concerned about how I need to change my eating habits for the next four weeks. I have been tracking my calories and now that I've started this workout, I'm allowed more calories and I'm hungrier but I feel like I should be adding something specific to the plan... I don't want to just grub down on a cheeseburger. My goal is to continue losing weight, I've got 15 lbs to go until I'm at my goal but I am terribly out of shape. So the workout is aerobically REALLY difficult.

I'm really interested to know what workout is it specifically? I like these kinds of workouts.
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    My dietitian recommended almonds about an hour or so before boot camp, about a dozen or so. It gives you good fat, carbs and protein, which are all things that are good for a workout like that. (Sometimes I also add some dried cherries or cranberries with it.)
  • TeraGC
    Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow... adding just a few almonds...
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Protein and carbs are your best friend. Boot camp typically burns a lot of calories so before you go (at least 30 minutes before) eat something with protein AND carbs...afterward, refuel with a lot of protein and a little bit of carbs. Eat clean.
  • TeraGC
    It starts out stretching and then a really good, quick warm up. Jogging in place, jumps, drops with push ups, jogging in place - over and over. Then we did lunges, back ward lunges, Hitler kicks, curb squats then we finished off with half squats... it was brutal. Total time 1 hour
  • Hphip
    Hphip Posts: 2
    i'm starting boot camp next month. working out at 5:30 AM is way out of my comfort zone. i sure hope that it helps. i have 15 more lbs to go.
  • Hphip
    Hphip Posts: 2
    BTW- how do i log it under exercise?
  • lovejoy0
    lovejoy0 Posts: 2
    Hello. I do a boot camp workout 3 days a week and the way I log it depends on what we do. Usually it's running 5.0 mph for 30 minutes, 20 minutes of calisthenics (vigorous) and 10 minutes of strength training. Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.