Gym motivation

Options
RLV24
RLV24 Posts: 1 Member
How's does everyone give themselves motivation to get to gym? I find the hardest thing is getting myself motivated to just walk into the gym, especially after hard days work

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I go first thing in the morning. If I left it till after work I probably wouldn't even end up going half the time. I do love going to the gym before work though, it really gets me ready for the day. Is there a class or something that you can take at a specific time after work, having that might help?
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I think motivation's a bit of a myth. If you wait for it to come along you'll never do anything. Dedication is much more reliable than motivation
  • gjw1911
    gjw1911 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I believe it is more about making it a habit, than motivating.
    However,
    When I say to myself "I don't want to go the the gym today" I always follow it with "Just remember how good it feels after working out".
  • bry1749
    bry1749 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I try to keep things around through the day that remind me of the gym. Like my phone lock screen is a quote or a picture of weights. I also have this website on my homepage so I have to see it every time I turn the internet on. Things like that help me with motivation. I also go to the gym in the morning before work and only after work if I couldn't make it in the morning for some reason.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Motivation is an overrated emotion. I treat exercise just like I do any other daily obligation...I don't treat it as this "extra" thing...it's just like any other obligation like going to work or cleaning my house or mowing the lawn.

It also helps to find an exercise activity that you enjoy for the most part. I think all too often people put themselves in this little "box" of what they think constitutes a good workout or exercise. You don't need to go to the gym to exercise either...most of my training takes place on my bike...I only spend about two hours per week in the gym to lift...everything else is on my bike and the occasional swim and yoga once weekly.
  • kirenadeska
    kirenadeska Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well i put my shoes by my bed to get up and go in the morning before the lame exuses start in my head