I looked in the mirror....

Options
So I woke up kind of disappointed in myself because I didn't wake up in time to do my 30 Day Shred (I'm not a huge morning person at all). Well... Ok so I told myself no worries I'll get my fiance to ride the trails with me and then hit up the gym after work. So I felt pretty good, wore a cute dress to work because I felt like I looked good in it! Then I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. All of a sudden I think my arms look fatter than this morning ugh. Does anybody else ever do this when they look in the mirror? I am getting frustrated because the weight is coming off so slow. I'm down to 120 lbs right now but ideally I'd like to be at 110. Definitely 115 by my wedding September 3. But with how slow the lbs are coming off I just don't see it happening. And I know I know it's not always about the lbs, I have to look at inches and body fat too. I am doing really well, my personal trainer says I'm in the physically fit category for body fat so that's good. I think it's because in high school I was 99 lbs. I also know I'm not in high school anymore, but sometimes it's hard to think that way :cry:

Replies

• camille97
    camille97 Posts: 91
    Options
    I think that at your weight, you look amazing in anything. Stop worrying! The weight will come off when it comes off, so don't sweat it (:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You have plenty of time to lose what you have left. The closer you get to goal the slower the weight comes off. Don't stress it!! Everything will be fine, and I just bet you will look even more beautiful in your wedding dress than you did in high school!!
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    Do you know how many people who would KILL to be 120 lbs on this site? You have nothing to worry about. The last 10 pounds are the hardest (from what I am told). I still have 40 to lose :smile:
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Try not to be so hard on yourself. You're staying on track and doing the right things, so you will get the results you want, even if it's slow progress. I have a big feeling that you are being your own worst critic about your arms. They didn't change since this morning, something about your outlook did! I bet you look really cute in that dress, just as you will in your wedding gown in Sept.
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Keep doing the shred and your arms will definitely tone up! Don't look at the scale, look at your measurements. Take before/after pics of you flexing, and see how your muscles look. Don't let the scale bother you too much, you will be gaining muscle and you probably don't have a lot of fat to lose, so the scale might not cooperate. Don't let it control you! Keep working hard and you will look fabulous!
  • Phanessa917
    Phanessa917 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You still have time until Sept. If you just aim for 1 lb a week (which is healthier) You'll shred at least 8 more pounds by the end of August. Remember that there are other ways of being active other than going to the gym :) (walking, cleaning your house, gardening...etc)
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Not to be mean but that's crazy its in your head and you only think this because you know you didn't exercise. If you missed your workout this morning just workout a little more at the gym later today or exercise on your off day to make up for it. Also, slipping up is ok but try to stay focused the next few weeks for your big day in September!
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Stay positive and quit looking in the mirror. You are always more critical of yourself.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Have you been taking progress photos?

The mirror is a big fat liar. Our brain warps what we see. But when you compare photos side by side, especially if you wear the same thing (the less the better) and try the same poses or angles... you can't deny the changes.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Girlie, I can see by your profile picture that your fiance loves you. Think about how he sees you. Will he care what weight you are when you get married? Probably not. No matter what, your wedding day is going to be special. Don't sweat it if the numbers aren't exactly what you want them to be, you're healthy and you're getting married! That's what matters :smile:
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    It may actually be the mirrors in your restroom at work that are the problem! Seriously, I always feel worse when I go into the restroom. Then I remember that the room is painted this awful color, and has bad florescent lighting that makes everyone look pasty and jaundiced.
  • cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It may actually be the mirrors in your restroom at work that are the problem! Seriously, I always feel worse when I go into the restroom. Then I remember that the room is painted this awful color, and has bad florescent lighting that makes everyone look pasty and jaundiced.

That seriously could be it, I never feel like I look good at work but once I'm home I'm fine...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    *shudders*

I hate fluorescent lighting. Especially in store dressing rooms. :sad: No matter how thin or fit I am, I always feel lumpy and dimpled in Kohl's dressing rooms.
  • PfatBottomGirl
    Options
    I always so... If you don't like what you see in the mirror, run the hot water until it fogs up. Problem Solved... Seriously, the best thing I have found to do when I look in the mirror and feel, well completely disgusted with myself, I close my eyes, say positive affirmations, then open my eyes, look in the mirror and say out loud "I love you, beautiful". It's really hard to stay positive sometimes and I slip A LOT but keep trying and you will get there. You can do it. Don't beat yourself up and become your own worse enemy. Just tell yourself... I GOT THIS :~)
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    keep this simple equation nearby at all times mirror + me = lies they say mirrors and photos don't lie. I disagree. I see myself and think fatty. Then I get in them size 38 pants when I used to wear a size 58 and say nah...... so remember mirror + me = lies.