The King, the Prince, and the Pauper. Calorie intakes per me

Options
mandeiko
mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
"Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper."

Do my fellow MFP'ers follow this quote? I can never seem to eat a breakfast over 300 calories (tops). I know breakfast should be your heartiest meal of the day, but I always eat my most at dinnertime because that's when I find myself to be super hungry. Ugh.

Just curious, how many calories do you typically eat during each breakfast, lunch, dinner... even for snacks?

Those of you who do eat big breakfasts and smaller dinners, do you find that this really works best!?

Replies

• newfielover
    newfielover Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I find that I am the same as you! I usually eat about 200 for breakfast but like you 300 tops! THen for lunch i try to stay in the 300-400 range and leave myself about 500 for dinner. I can't tell you how it works because I just started this diet! Hope that helped :)
  • mgravy
    mgravy Posts: 47
    Options
    I seem to be doing this completely in reverse.

My breakfast is usually about the same everyday--about 270 calories. I have a snack before lunch, typically fruit--usually 80-100 calories. Lunch is usually closer to 300 calories. Dinner varies, usually between 400-500 calories. And more often than not...I have another snack before or after dinner, another 100ish calories.
  • mandeiko
    Options
    I find that I am the same as you! I usually eat about 200 for breakfast but like you 300 tops! THen for lunch i try to stay in the 300-400 range and leave myself about 500 for dinner. I can't tell you how it works because I just started this diet! Hope that helped :)

Ah, yeah it's good to see that I'm not the only one like this!!
  • mandeiko
    Options
    I seem to be doing this completely in reverse.

My breakfast is usually about the same everyday--about 270 calories. I have a snack before lunch, typically fruit--usually 80-100 calories. Lunch is usually closer to 300 calories. Dinner varies, usually between 400-500 calories. And more often than not...I have another snack before or after dinner, another 100ish calories.

We are on the same boat, then :P