Knee Injuries....

Options
Hi all of you out there!!!!
So I was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem as me! I am knock-kneed and as a result had a dislocation last summer. It hurts me to run so I'm not able to perform that exercise!
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of things to do or any exercises that helped them and are low impact on the ol knees!
Thanks and GREAT LUCK!!!!

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I have arthritis so I can't run and walking on concrete is kind of rough. I started out with Wii boxing. Very vigorous activity and it didn't require a lot of strain on my knees.
  • shagybear33
    shagybear33 Posts: 272
    Options
    I just posted a similary question last week as I really injured my knee and am banned from running, cycling, rollerblading etc for about a month.

I am awaiting a reply message for a link to a workout DVD for people with knee injuries. I will try to get it to you if and when I receive it. :D

For now though, I'm just walking. A bit more boring, but it seems to be effective for keeping me active for now :D
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    How about cycling.
  • msmgis
    msmgis Posts: 15
    Options
    Hello!

I have a torn ACL (not repaired) from when I was in highschool (I'm 36 now) and arthritis due to almost no cartilage left in one knee and torn cartilage in my left knee that I am currently putting off surgery on. I swim at my gyms pool, I use the elliptical alot as well and I also take a Barre class that I modify the exercises on when I need too. Strength training is also key. My knees hurt a lot less the stronger my legs have gotten. Just let your body guide you with what is comfortable and what isn't.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    I have bad knees. So really the only thing I can do is walking (which I do a lot of) and water exercises. But, it hasnt stopped me!
  • newfielover
    newfielover Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas! I will definately start cycling and water stuff!!! Hope you all meet your goals! :)